Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 08-13-2014, 02:47 AM
TT Regular

Boat: '14 X46 7.4L
LED Speaker Rings questions

I'm thinking of adding LED speaker rings to a 2014. Anyone know who manufactures the factory ones? Or a good source for them? Looking for a frosted glow look, rather than a daylight visible type.

For those with a factory installation, how are they switched? Tied into courtesy lights or dedicated switch?

One more. Is the wiring likely to be present for these behind the factory speakers?

Thanks
Old 08-13-2014, 10:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insequent View Post
I'm thinking of adding LED speaker rings to a 2014. Anyone know who manufactures the factory ones? Or a good source for them? Looking for a frosted glow look, rather than a daylight visible type.

For those with a factory installation, how are they switched? Tied into courtesy lights or dedicated switch?

One more. Is the wiring likely to be present for these behind the factory speakers?

Thanks
You will need to run a dedicated switched 12-volt 2-conductor fused circuit. I would not tap into the factory courtesy/step light circuit as the two functions will often be used independently.
Check in with Odin at Earmark Marine. He has a great LED product with a version for just about every size and application. Also, he can custom tailor the diffuser rings to give you a softer and more continuous glow.
Take advantage of his MC forum discount.