Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-23-2014, 11:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X2
X Link system

Anyone have the X Link system from Wakemakers installed ? Just curious as to how well it worked ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2014, 12:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Anyone ?

Old 07-24-2014, 01:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: pontoon
The "X Link" is nothing more that a reversible impeller pump, switch, hose and some fittings, connecting the port and STBD sacs together, thats it. Very simple concept and actually much easier to install then plumbing a sac in. In RE to the sac, all you need is an unused port on the lower edge of the sacs end panel. Pump runs one direction and moves water from the full sac to the empty sac when you are ready to switch sides. Run the pump the other direction, and water moves back to the other sac. It will basically cut the time to switch sides, in half.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X1
I never noticed this on their site before. I like the idea, except that I'd have to replace my bags to get the extra drain valve.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLA View Post
The "X Link" is nothing more that a reversible impeller pump, switch, hose and some fittings, connecting the port and STBD sacs together, thats it. Very simple concept and actually much easier to install then plumbing a sac in. In RE to the sac, all you need is an unused port on the lower edge of the sacs end panel. Pump runs one direction and moves water from the full sac to the empty sac when you are ready to switch sides. Run the pump the other direction, and water moves back to the other sac. It will basically cut the time to switch sides, in half.
This is figuring if you have both rear sac's drawing from the same thru hull correct?

I put mine in and put them each on a separate thru hull intake and I can drain one while filling the other I would think rather easily.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:47 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakerider16 View Post
This is figuring if you have both rear sac's drawing from the same thru hull correct?

I put mine in and put them each on a separate thru hull intake and I can drain one while filling the other I would think rather easily.
But you could dump from one side to the other while filling from your separate thru hull hence the 2x fill speed
Old 07-24-2014, 03:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Corey View Post
But you could dump from one side to the other while filling from your separate thru hull hence the 2x fill speed
Touche, however for the extra cost of wiring up another pump and getting speciality bags with the extra drain at the bottom I will pass
Old 07-24-2014, 04:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: pontoon
Quote:
I never noticed this on their site before. I like the idea, except that I'd have to replace my bags to get the extra drain valve.
Not necessarily. I have been successfully adding ports to fly high sacs for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakerider16 View Post

The transfer pump system is entirely independent of the sacs' fill and drain plumbing. So not worries whether the sacs share and common fill t-hull or not. And an FYI, you can fill one a drain the other at the same time with the sacs sharing a common t-hull. Got quite a few of those setups out there humming away.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Sounds like a great concept for the guys not wanting to upgrade boats to achieve the gen 2 system. I believe that the flip of a switch to transfer port to starboard would pay for itself IMO !

Old 07-24-2014, 05:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 X-Star
Quote:
After transferring the water via XLink and the intake pump, you would still have to drain the remainder of bag 1 via the thru hull drain if you want it empty.

6 in one, half dozen the other...

I got excited when I saw it on their website, but after thinking about it, it's not really a bonus, just a cool feature.