Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 12-04-2005, 06:33 PM
TT Newbie

Trailer Paint?

I have a 93 prostar 190 and wanting to paint the trailer. Does anybody know what color the paint is on the trailer? My trailer is white, but there is about 1 million different colors of white.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:40 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Plain white rustoleum and/or krylon was close enough for my tastes when I redid (touched up) my 93 trailer last year. It may not be exact, but, like I said, close enough, and I'm kind of particular about that stuff. Test on inconspicuous area, of course.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:19 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
thats what i used on my 93 stars and stripes trailer. it wasnt an exact match but good enough. better than rust
Old 12-04-2005, 10:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, Stars and Stripes, 1983, 351 W.
Send a message via AIM to SKI*MC Send a message via MSN to SKI*MC
if your re-doing the whole trailer, powder coat it!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:54 AM
MC Hero

Start with some grey primer. Then hit it with the white. From a distance of a foot or so, you won't be able to tell the difference.
Attached Images

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:56 AM
MC Hero

And this is after. As close a shot as I could find.
Attached Images

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 02-20-2006, 12:15 PM
TT Newbie

Prop Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
Start with some grey primer. Then hit it with the white. From a distance of a foot or so, you won't be able to tell the difference.

I have a 94 ProStar 190 and the prop guard look like the one pictured here but without the wheels. Can you tell me where you found those wheels. I was thinking of getting someone to weld those on to mine to give my driveway a break.

I'm going to refurbish the whole trailer this spring.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:06 PM
MC Hero

www.pakindustries.com

These are marine specific. If they happen to hit your driveway, they will not spare it though. They leave a mark. They sure do protect the trailer though. To protect both, you'll need to find some poly wheels. I don't know where to find any that look as nifty as these though. Good luck.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 02-20-2006, 03:26 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rryker
I have a 93 prostar 190 and wanting to paint the trailer. Does anybody know what color the paint is on the trailer? My trailer is white, but there is about 1 million different colors of white.
E-mail Greg Clower [greg.clower@mastercraft.com] and give him your trailer info and he can probably find out for you and at least give you a number and the co. that made the paint, then you can go to any and all major automotive paint mfg. cos. and they have a master color sheets that they can reference or cross reference to get to your color. From past experience MC uses colors from a commercial color chart rather that a particular auto color that has been used. These colors are the kind used on commercial vehicles, equipment, etc. and don't have all the slight color variences that the automotive industry has to have to stay ahead of one another and draw customers. OR get one or more of these charts and find the color that matches your trailer closest.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:36 PM
TT Newbie

Thanks for the information. I'll do some more research to see what I can find on rollers. If I raised the prop guard about an inch, I wouldn't have any problem with hitting my driveway. I need to find a good welder in my area too. The whole peice of my prop guard needs to be replaced.