Go Back   TeamTalk > News & Information > Team Talk Forum Help- Forum Issues Only

Old 07-21-2014, 10:53 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 X-30 400 hp
Ballast gate valves

I have a 2007 X-30 with 3 ballasts. When I went out this year for the first time, the ballasts would not fill. I can hear the pumps but no filling. Called the dealer and he advised probably forgot to open the gate valves and he is not sure where they are on my model. I have looked but so far have been unable to locate the valves to let water in and out of ballasts. Where are the valves?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:33 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
I have a 2007 X-30 with 3 ballasts. When I went out this year for the first time, the ballasts would not fill. I can hear the pumps but no filling. Called the dealer and he advised probably forgot to open the gate valves and he is not sure where they are on my model. I have looked but so far have been unable to locate the valves to let water in and out of ballasts. Where are the valves?
There should be one large inlet with a valve on the port side of the engine on inside of the hull. It will be near the oil pan.

Looks like this.
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2014, 01:22 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 X-30 400 hp
Thanks!
Old 07-21-2014, 04:42 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Thanks!
No problem. If you still have trouble locating it you can always get under the boat and look the inlets. Just look for the big brass cover with a bunch of round holes in it. Get an idea where it is in relationship to the prop shaft. That should narrow it down for you some.