Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 07-20-2014, 05:24 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC x2 2008 5.7
Another pump timer issue

Hello

Just bought a fly high upgrade sacks for my 2008x2 built in August

Sack are good plumbed in fine but the only problem is when you come to reset the timers
Manage to do it as per the instructions the problem comes when you reconnect the pump after toggling to reset them to zero you run the drain cycle on the pumps until the pumps stop by themselves but they don't they just keep running until you manually turn them off. Help ?!?!?

Also I timed them this morning and after resetting they will only run for 5 mins 10 seconds Despite getting 34 blinks on program mode helppppo

I am sure I don't have those **** 6 mins pump timers

Any suggestion chaps
Old 07-20-2014, 10:00 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
You have to leave a battery on, otherwise the timers reset themselves each time they are powered off. I just went through this with Jabsco last week. I bypassed this issue by wiring the timers like the bilge pumps. Take the red wire that is on the timer and put it into the terminal in the timer that has constant power from the battery, that way the timers don't reset when you shut the battery off.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:28 AM
TT Newbie

Do you know if there is a way to disconnect the timers completely? They are a pain!!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 07:33 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by X2 Tom View Post
Do you know if there is a way to disconnect the timers completely? They are a pain!!!!
Yes, there are 3 things you can do about crappy timer logic. If you don't mind sending them to the states to get reprogrammed that is probably the best way.

Second post in this thread.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=61865
Old 07-21-2014, 05:15 PM
TT Newbie

It's stupidly expense to ship to the states with the tax and all that, someone tell me how to disconnect the timers please
Old 07-21-2014, 07:22 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by X2 Tom View Post
It's stupidly expense to ship to the states with the tax and all that, someone tell me how to disconnect the timers please
You can't just "disconnect" the timers. If you did then they wouldn't run at all. Go look at that thread I posted. You have 2 choices and both include removing the timers and replacing them with relays so they work as straight on off switches.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:35 AM
TT Regular

Boat: X-35, 2008, LY6 Closed Cooled
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
You have to leave a battery on, otherwise the timers reset themselves each time they are powered off. I just went through this with Jabsco last week. I bypassed this issue by wiring the timers like the bilge pumps. Take the red wire that is on the timer and put it into the terminal in the timer that has constant power from the battery, that way the timers don't reset when you shut the battery off.
Hey Scott, looks like you're a few months ahead of me working these things out. These timers are driving me nuts, they are getting reset everytime I come back to the boat at the marina.

RE: rewiring the timers. Did you just move the main ballast pump power cable to one of the battery switch terminals that always provide power?

BTW, thanks for the ballast help last week, wave is great now...

--Scott