Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 07-21-2014, 09:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1986 skier / prostar , Prostar190 , 1994 sold
JMLVMI , I had a course in that area years ago , I own it with a couple from Cary ( Larry and Susan ) . I did not know if it was still there or not , I figured the rangers may have pulled it . I did not see any signs of it last summer when we were out on the lake , we did not have time to drag for it . We used to leave the boat guides up ( my course was too old to have the green boat buoys ) but take the turn buoys off ... everyone using it would bring their own turn buoys . I purchased the course from a guy named Danny who moved to Lake Bunn , then Larry and Susan came in on the course . The course has been there for many years , sometimes fisherman would get mad and cut the buoys lines and we would have to raise the course again but the biggest problem years ago was the wave runners . In the old days ..7am to about 9:30 am were the best time for skiing the lake would start to get busy on weekends . Health issues have taken my wife and myself away from skiing .
Old 07-21-2014, 09:57 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195 - 350 TBI Predator, 1:1, 13x11.5 OJ 3-Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar View Post
JMLVMI , I had a course in that area years ago , I own it with a couple from Cary ( Larry and Susan ) . I did not know if it was still there or not , I figured the rangers may have pulled it . I did not see any signs of it last summer when we were out on the lake , we did not have time to drag for it . We used to leave the boat guides up ( my course was too old to have the green boat buoys ) but take the turn buoys off ... everyone using it would bring their own turn buoys . I purchased the course from a guy named Danny who moved to Lake Bunn , then Larry and Susan came in on the course . The course has been there for many years , sometimes fisherman would get mad and cut the buoys lines and we would have to raise the course again but the biggest problem years ago was the wave runners . In the old days ..7am to about 9:30 am were the best time for skiing the lake would start to get busy on weekends . Health issues have taken my wife and myself away from skiing .
Cool story I know they are trying to get skiing back on the map at Jordan...tough on a public lake with so many wallys. Sorry to hear you can't ski anymore, but you're more than welcome to come out, float, and talk about the good ol' days
Old 07-21-2014, 09:57 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMLVMI View Post
Welcome to the area. I put in at either Seaforth or Ebenezer. Ebenezer is free before 8am so if I'm going out early Saturday that's where I go. Crosswinds is expensive but it is convenient to meet friends there since there is free parking...until it fills up.

Even though I've lived here and skied on the lake a lot I usually go up the river past the dam to ski, or under the Ebenezer bridge back behind all the "sticks". There are two courses there they are trying to fix up and get ready, and I heard of another submerged course this weekend from a guy. Here's a little map: http://cl.ly/image/3w3x3G36021f

Would love to try to get some MC's together at Jordan instead of that mudhole Falls Lake
Awesome. Thanks for the advice and direction. I had been weary of the State Park boat ramps just because I hadn't talked to anyone with experience using them. Sounds like they could be a better option. Looking forward to seeing some folks out there.
Cheers,
Anthony
Old 07-27-2014, 08:01 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmithson View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the advice and direction. I had been weary of the State Park boat ramps just because I hadn't talked to anyone with experience using them. Sounds like they could be a better option. Looking forward to seeing some folks out there.
Cheers,
Anthony
Jason's map is great.. So much for our 'secret spots' He mentioned full pool on a few areas. Jordan is a flood control lake and also a water source for Cary. The level can change quite a bit so it's a good idea to check before heading out. http://www.wral.com/beach_mountain_forecasts/1004824/. Scroll to the bottom.

Normal is 216. When its more than a foot below be careful in those areas. There is another in the cove to the right behind Ebenezer.

Flag us down if you see a green 99 PS205

Rob
Old 07-28-2014, 11:36 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 87 PS190, powerslot
Hmm. You guys go to Jordan??
I was there over the 4th, and I gotta say I wasn't impressed. Struggled to find water I wanted to do *anything* in. I got in a couple short ski runs, but the water was crappy, and a lot dirtier than Falls.

I'm usually at Falls most every Sunday... If you see a grey and blue '87 PS190, that's probably me, flag me down.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsucarjock88 View Post
I was there over the 4th, and I gotta say I wasn't impressed. Struggled to find water I wanted to do *anything* in. I got in a couple short ski runs, but the water was crappy, and a lot dirtier than Falls.

I'm usually at Falls most every Sunday... If you see a grey and blue '87 PS190, that's probably me, flag me down.

Jordan on the 4th is a s**tshow, go to the places I identified on my map and you should find some decent water. Falls is full of fishermen and wake surfers every time I go :-P
Old 07-28-2014, 02:04 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
I was out there on the 4th and wanted to drown myself just to avoid riding back in through the chop. These guys swear its a good place to boat though. Really should do another big meet n greet though
Old 07-28-2014, 03:08 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Prostar 205 DD
Ah I missed this thread. I was out at Jordan on the 19th and Harris on the 20th. Went to Harris again this past Saturday, the water was awesome even at 1PM, zero wind.

I'm going to Kerr Lake though August 1st-10th if anyone is gonna be up that way. I'm sure I'll be back at Jordan soon enough though. Agreed on the spots pointed out on the map. I've never seen the course but I've heard it was over there.

Definitely avoid the river/dam area and even into the S curves if it's after a heavy storm. TONS of debris and logs to avoid, not worth it.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:22 AM
MC Fanatic

LOVE Harris...moving to a new place in Holly Springs with a 25ft deep 3rd garage, 10 minutes door to dock
Old 07-31-2014, 10:59 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMLVMI View Post
LOVE Harris...moving to a new place in Holly Springs with a 25ft deep 3rd garage, 10 minutes door to dock
Nice, congrats! We need some garage pics. I've never had my boat on Harris. The road used to be gravel way back when and that was too much for my MCOCD. Another map for Harris would be great. I expect the nuke plant boundary is obvious