Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-10-2014, 09:04 PM
CruisinGA's Avatar
CruisinGA CruisinGA is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Boat: '01 X9 330HP
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,507
St John USVI, fly to St. Thomas
__________________
Bailey
'02 X-9
Lake Blue Ridge
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-10-2014, 09:10 PM
bbymgr's Avatar
bbymgr bbymgr is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
Location: Lake James Indiana
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stritt View Post
Key West....2 nights is all you need much like Vegas! Duvall crawl
X3!!!!
__________________
"In conflict, straightforward actions generally lead to engagement, surprising actions generally lead to victory."

Six in, Six out.


2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-10-2014, 10:31 PM
shepherd's Avatar
shepherd shepherd is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Location: South Coast
Posts: 7,390
While Key West is cool, I believe the nearest airport for SW flights is Ft. Lauderdale. That''s a long long drive from Key West. If you're looking for a weekend trip, you'll spend half of your time on the road.

You don't say where you'll fly from. That can make a difference too if you only have a few days. You'll want to pick a destination that you can get to relatively quickly -- either direct flight or quick connections -- so you don't waste an entire day getting there and/or getting home.
__________________
/ \

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-11-2014, 01:17 AM
Rossterman's Avatar
Rossterman Rossterman is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
Location: Westcoast
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
X2!!!
X3 - key west is great!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-11-2014, 06:07 AM
bbymgr's Avatar
bbymgr bbymgr is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
Location: Lake James Indiana
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
While Key West is cool, I believe the nearest airport for SW flights is Ft. Lauderdale. That''s a long long drive from Key West. If you're looking for a weekend trip, you'll spend half of your time on the road.

You don't say where you'll fly from. That can make a difference too if you only have a few days. You'll want to pick a destination that you can get to relatively quickly -- either direct flight or quick connections -- so you don't waste an entire day getting there and/or getting home.
Southwest goes to Fort Myers. From there he could take the Key West Express Ferry. It is about a 3-4 hour boat ride with food and drinks. It is a good way to kick off the vacation.
__________________
"In conflict, straightforward actions generally lead to engagement, surprising actions generally lead to victory."

Six in, Six out.


2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-11-2014, 08:10 AM
76S&S's Avatar
76S&S 76S&S is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Boat: 2002 X Star
Location: At the lake or on the way to the lake!
Posts: 1,825
Keep the suggestions coming. Lots of suggestions for Key West, which would be cool since we've never been there. Flying out of Birmingham AL., it doesn't appear that I can get to Ft Meyers from B'ham??? I would have to fly into Ft. Lauderdale and drive.
__________________
Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Stritt's Avatar
Stritt Stritt is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Location: Farragut, TN/ Star Point Marina @ Dale Hollow
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76S&S View Post
Keep the suggestions coming. Lots of suggestions for Key West, which would be cool since we've never been there. Flying out of Birmingham AL., it doesn't appear that I can get to Ft Meyers from B'ham??? I would have to fly into Ft. Lauderdale and drive.
Great drive from Lauderdale through the Keys, stopping along the way. Not terribly long 160 miles or so, however its a 1 lane out and 1 lane back. Frequent accidents would shut down US 1. Probably a better 4 day trip.

Could you use Airtran? They flew to Key West back when we lived in Orlando.

Enjoy wherever you decide to go!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-11-2014, 11:33 AM
FoggyNogginz's Avatar
FoggyNogginz FoggyNogginz is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Boat: 1998 PS205, then a 2002 X9, and now a 2012 X14V
Location: Center Hill Lake & Old Hickory
Posts: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76S&S View Post
My wife and I haven't been anywhere without the kids in years. I've built up tons of points on my SouthWest card, so I'm looking for recommendations for a weekend trip, in the fall, via SW of course.

Appreciate any ideas you may have.
I fly SWA a lot too. They fly to Fort Lauderdale and Panama City FL now which are really nice. They also fly to Nassau if you're really looking to get away. If you want something different, Fly to Seattle and then drive to the San Juan Islands. Stay on Friday Harbor Island and rent a house. It's really nice, and she can shop/dine in Seattle on the way through.
__________________
----------------------------------

"KC"

Cmon...lemme just push one button...
- Red X14V on Center Hill & Old Hickory lakes in TN -
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Stritt's Avatar
Stritt Stritt is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Location: Farragut, TN/ Star Point Marina @ Dale Hollow
Posts: 743
Duplicate
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-11-2014, 11:48 AM
76S&S's Avatar
76S&S 76S&S is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Boat: 2002 X Star
Location: At the lake or on the way to the lake!
Posts: 1,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stritt View Post
Great drive from Lauderdale through the Keys, stopping along the way. Not terribly long 160 miles or so, however its a 1 lane out and 1 lane back. Frequent accidents would shut down US 1. Probably a better 4 day trip.

Could you use Airtran? They flew to Key West back when we lived in Orlando.

Enjoy wherever you decide to go!
Then that's an option, that's not too far of a drive if I extend the trip a day or two.

Thanks for all of the ideas guys, keepem coming.
__________________
Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 AM.