Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2014, 08:12 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
The NXT was mainly getting ripped because of the BS marketing ploy yet again by MC. The only way you touch this boat for 50k all day is if you get the bare bones minimum which gives you nothing for any semi serious rider. Tho don't even get a trailer. Here you have a decently optioned NXT with necessities in my eyes for any wakeboat and nothing extravagent on it, and it isn't 50k. When you start to option it you mine as well go X2 and you will get a superior feeling boat. Hop in an NXT and then an X2 and you will instantly feel a huge difference and not such a huge price difference for an equally optioned NXT vs X2.

It's not ripped because of quality. There is no doubt it is a quality boat, it's just not what all these adds claim in $$$. When you start stacking up "other brands" compatible models at those prices they are far more optioned out .

Last edited by swatguy; 07-03-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:15 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
I wasn't bashing the quality of axis/bu. maybe you didn't read ww when the new nxt got ripped apart over and over!

thank you for the review.
Wakeworld is a bunch of axis and nauti fanboys. Say that with nothing but love of course. The nxt actually appears to be a better looking boat than I thought. Think the mc videos did it no justice especially with the awful pepto boat. The top of the dash is straight up fugly though.

I will say a few small things as I just went through buying a boat and considered all boats in the process.

Axis is a great boat. The simplicity and wakes are off the charts. The fit/finish lacks of course but the new interior materials are much nicer

Moomba hands down had the best quality interior amongst the budget boats imho. If I could have taken a moomba interior and slapped it in an axis I would be all over it. SC is doing great things but I still feel their wakes lack meat.

No real comments on the nxt but rumor mill keeps putting people at 65k+ with base being like 58 with just a trailer. The problem is for 60k you can essentially get a wellll packaged T22 with surfgate, upgraded engine, and alot of bells and whistles in a larger boat.

My last thought. Went out with a group 2 weeks before I bought my boat in an A20. The A20 was small but held a crew of 5 very well which is usually around our size. I ended up taking a random look at a 7 year old MC x2 and felt the fit/finish on the 7 year old MC was better than the brand new Axis. The wakes were also comparable and there was a 15-20k diff in price there.

The nxt appears to be well built with some good finishes. The true test imho comes with the nxt 22 and how that aligns with the other boats.

Quote:
The NXT was mainly getting ripped because of the BS marketing ploy yet again by MC. The only way you touch this boat for 50k all day is if you get the bare bones minimum which gives you nothing for any semi serious rider. Tho dong even get a trailer.

It's not ripped because of quality. There is no doubt it is a quality boat, it's just not what all these adds claim in $$$. When you start stacking up "other brands" compatible models at those prices they are far more optioned out .
I don't even think its been proven you can get a 50k boat without a trailer haha but yes it was a GIANT fail by MC on that part. I honestly almost felt embarrassed
Old 07-03-2014, 09:04 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Swat- What does a semi-serious rider need?? I would think ballast, tower, and a good speed control. All of which are standard. Throw racks, surf system, stereo, and trailer on it, and it is still in the high 50s.

Start putting heated seats, heater, flake, LEDs, high power stereo, underwater lights, Bimini, remotes, etc, and it climbs into the 60s easily. But, are those needed by the "semi serious rider"??

All the wakeworld BS about not getting an NXT for 50k, was dumb. MCs marketing of "50k all day" was also dumb. However, this boat can certainly be had in "semi-serious rider" trim, for between 55 and 59k. I love the fact that everyone put in for quotes on a fairly loaded NXT, and then blew up wakeworld because it was 60k or more....

An NXT with zero off, ballast system, tower, stereo, tracking fins, carpet, board racks, and a trailer, will have an MSRP of exactly $64,340. That is everything you need, and set up for riding. That is easily a mid 50s boat, ready to go, with moderate negotiation skills.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:34 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Former-2013 X30 6.2 Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
I just got the BTS windshield on my boat, and I love it. I would never go back. It is so much more function including form. I don't notice any additional wind for the driver or observer. I can't comment about the back seat since I'm never there when the boat is in motion. When pulling up to the dock, you are able to grab the dock from the driver seat. When you are pulling around to a downed rider, you can easily talk to them. When the boat is on the trailer, you can easily reach the stereo, ignition key, etc. Also, the corner is very rounded, so it's not really going to spear you.
^^^ X2
We have it, WOULD NOT HAVE ORDERED IT....now loved it
Old 07-03-2014, 10:39 AM
TT Regular

Boat: ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
If you have the Surf System,
please Demo for us ASAP and Post pics and Video!!!!

Is that being demanding??
We've got the Surf System & Convenience Package. I'll be out on it Monday to do the video shoots and will get them posted hopefully later that day. We'll show with stock ballast and maybe see what some supplemental does to it. I know from just seeing the wake the other day with only three people in the boat that this is going to be a winner. Anyone in or around the Madison, WI area is more than welcome to join.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:42 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
Swat- What does a semi-serious rider need?? I would think ballast, tower, and a good speed control. All of which are standard. Throw racks, surf system, stereo, and trailer on it, and it is still in the high 50's.

An NXT with zero off, ballast system, tower, stereo, tracking fins, carpet, board racks, and a trailer, will have an MSRP of exactly $64,340. That is everything you need, and set up for riding. That is easily a mid 50s boat, ready to go, with moderate negotiation skills.
I would agree with your claim of necessities being those in th 64,340 range. Add in a cover, wake plate/attitudeate/surf system (something I think turned into necessities for most people these days shopping) and it bumps it just a tad more. Here is where it gets interesting. Speculation on my part, but from past experiences. The fact that you can usually get a great deal of 20-25% off a higher end MC when it's around 100k with negotiating skills will not be the case for the NXT. The margins on target specific, budget models, are already stretched thin. I am betting 15% tops off MSRP for the NXT. Again speculation. Now match up an X2 with these same exact options and you won't be that far off. My bet is 7k ish.

MC will be able to get bit more for a bit less optioned boat based purely on the MC name. It will win sales being an MC alone. However it's priced at most other companies price point 22ft boats of which have more options. That's gonna be tough to overcome in my eyes.

Here's a price sheet minus couple of those options
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  95.9 KB

Last edited by swatguy; 07-03-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
The NXT was mainly getting ripped because of the BS marketing ploy yet again by MC. The only way you touch this boat for 50k all day is if you get the bare bones minimum which gives you nothing for any semi serious rider. Tho don't even get a trailer. Here you have a decently optioned NXT with necessities in my eyes for any wakeboat and nothing extravagent on it, and it isn't 50k. When you start to option it you mine as well go X2 and you will get a superior feeling boat. Hop in an NXT and then an X2 and you will instantly feel a huge difference and not such a huge price difference for an equally optioned NXT vs X2.

NXT has better board racks than ZFT0 tower on X2..... a BIG sore spot with me. Only options we have is to upgrade to ZFT4 tower (around 8k) and then 1800 more for clamping racks..... or order after market racks...
Old 07-03-2014, 12:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
I find it odd that the bts windshield is a cost up option on x series, but the standard and only option on NXT.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2014, 12:07 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
I find it odd that the bts windshield is a cost up option on x series, but the standard and only option on NXT.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Agreed, interesting...
Old 07-03-2014, 12:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Former-2013 X30 6.2 Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickespi View Post
Agreed, interesting...
Indeed...AND its Less glass than the wrap around that is standard on the X series
It should just be a Choice and NOT an option $$ on the X series