Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2014, 11:27 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
AXIS owners won't have much to say, in terms of Build quality and features...
Having ridden an axis and crawled around a lot of them, I disagree, but this has been discussed before. the new axis' are very nice and the interior is leaps and bounds nicer than they used to be. When i have the financial means to buy a new boat, it will be an axis based of the wakes and interior space. Crawled around an NXT last week, and while i was impressed with the use of such a small space, my money will be spent elsewhere. not to mention the 5.7 is the only motor you can get in the NXT, axis you can get any motor you want.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X9, 2003
Lashburn... just out of curiosity, did you see if the black and blue xstar was still at california skier

2003 x9
Old 07-02-2014, 11:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Former-2013 X30 6.2 Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Having ridden an axis and crawled around a lot of them, I disagree, but this has been discussed before. the new axis' are very nice and the interior is leaps and bounds nicer than they used to be. When i have the financial means to buy a new boat, it will be an axis based of the wakes and interior space. Crawled around an NXT last week, and while i was impressed with the use of such a small space, my money will be spent elsewhere. not to mention the 5.7 is the only motor you can get in the NXT, axis you can get any motor you want.
Aric Aric Aric

"...People will still prefer what they own...in general...so your going to hear defenses...even from X series owners..""

you know we see you in the Side Wings waiting to pounce....

Axis is a Fine boat...is are many...
Old 07-02-2014, 11:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcLove View Post
Lashburn... just out of curiosity, did you see if the black and blue xstar was still at california skier
White bottom w/Blue and White int??

I think I used its Fender to tie my shoe when I walked by it...It was a nice Fender
Old 07-02-2014, 11:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-10 6.0
Let's not turn this into a ford vs Chevy vs ram thread. Mastercraft, nautique, axis, Malibu, etc. They all make a decent boat and each brand has something or things that as a buyer we value more over the other brands. To each his own. I have buddies that love nautique, there are some cool things each manufacturer has that's cool. I'm MC all the way but never talk bad about any inboard owners boat, MC or other brand out there.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:01 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraft13 View Post
Let's not turn this into a ford vs Chevy vs ram thread. Mastercraft, nautique, axis, Malibu, etc. They all make a decent boat and each brand has something or things that as a buyer we value more over the other brands. To each his own. I have buddies that love nautique, there are some cool things each manufacturer has that's cool. I'm MC all the way but never talk bad about any inboard owners boat, MC or other brand out there.
Right On!!

I was just posting a review intended for a Yamaha Jet Forum, that I thought MAY interest some here....

I will stay the course..
Old 07-03-2014, 12:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006. Mastercraft maristar
I like it and will fit some people !
Old 07-03-2014, 05:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Xstar
I must admit this new "half windscreen" trend is a real turn off. As many will not be lounging in a warm climate, the extra protection from the longer wrap of the older windscreens makes total sense. The design also gives a nice sharp point to spear your head on. To me, form over function.....
Old 07-03-2014, 07:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
I just got the BTS windshield on my boat, and I love it. I would never go back. It is so much more function including form. I don't notice any additional wind for the driver or observer. I can't comment about the back seat since I'm never there when the boat is in motion. When pulling up to the dock, you are able to grab the dock from the driver seat. When you are pulling around to a downed rider, you can easily talk to them. When the boat is on the trailer, you can easily reach the stereo, ignition key, etc. Also, the corner is very rounded, so it's not really going to spear you.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:04 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
I have Been in AXIS and BU...
Bu has More Bling
AXIS owners won't have much to say, in terms of Build quality and features...

The NXT20 appears to been Rock solid with Proven MC build quality behind it.

People will still prefer what they own...in general...so your going to hear defenses...even from X series owns..

No big deal, its just a boat.
I wasn't bashing the quality of axis/bu. maybe you didn't read ww when the new nxt got ripped apart over and over!

thank you for the review.