Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 06-25-2014, 06:57 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
should be able to get $16K on it with summer premium - I have seen a couple 205's go for $15k without the goodies. But the tower and other goodies should take it to $18-$19K. LT-1 is a bonus.

What happened that engine needed rebuild?
Old 06-25-2014, 11:20 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 96 Mastercraft Prostar 205
The new vinyl is through out the entire boat and it is the carbon look black and white. Yes the previous owner put 2 small screws thru the hull about where the Mastercraft logo is on the passenger side. He was apparently trying to move a amplifier he had at the time and didn't know what he was drilling into. As far as the motor being replaced... I'm not sure the cause but I started getting "blow by" with oil coming out of the dip stick end of last summer. Checked pcv valve and it seemed fine so I knew something was wrong. Still ran ok and had good compression but went ahead and pulled the motor out at exactly 1100 hours. There was a hole in the top of one of the pistons and it had been there for awhile. The head gasket looked like it could have had a small leak on that cylinder but not sure. Rebuilt and installed motor in January and it's amazing the power it has now. Hate to sell it but I want a v-drive now.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:25 PM
TT Regular

Interior
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2014, 11:26 PM
TT Regular

Interior 2
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2014, 01:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '96 Prostar 205 LT-1
Really a nice boat. I agree with others that it is in the $15-$18k range. Engine, interior, gel colors and lt-1 all help justify the cost. Trailer is in average condition for year range so that is kind of price neutral. Tower is nice and many want them just for storage or he have a Bimini anyway but some may not like it. It is the best band for that boat. Speakers and window tint will prob not increase the cost for the average buyer IMO. They are nice to have but people don't seem to care if they don't have them so they are kind of price neutral in my opinion. The biggest things that will sell this boat are it looks nice, condition and color, it is good family boat for most everything but surfing and it can seat ten which usually allows for two families. That being said, it is a shame you are upgrading now as it looks like you have it all fixed up the way you want it. I will be curious to see what this boat sells for as it is one of the most decked out 205s we have seen for sale recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 03:31 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 97 Prostar 205, 350 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Spike View Post
I'd say somewhere in the range from $15,000 to $16,500 would be realistic
I just looked at a few in the 12-15k range. 500-700 hours, no tower or tower with bad vinyl, substantial gel coat issues, etc. All needed trailer work so I doubt that would be unexpected with the age of the trailer. I think the higher side of 15-16k definitely seems reasonable. The owner of the boat I ended up getting said he had about 30 people interested.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:44 PM
TT Regular

Thank you guys! Gives me the info I need. It's for sale here local now. May see it in here in a day or 2.