Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-20-2005, 09:59 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
(I went to Michigan because I wasn't good enough for the Buckeyes) Brady
I think Michigan won the big ten title with Brady in '97 and they split it with Ohio State in '98. He was probably good enough for either team.

(oh yeah, Michigan: 42 big ten titles. Ohio State just got their 30th )

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 12-21-2005, 08:27 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriEOD
Arguably the best "big game" QB ever. I'm not sure I'd be knocking him. I don't see any Buckeye QB's running around with 3 rings.
First, I didn't say that there were any Buckeyes QB's that were better than Brady.

Next, the best "big game" QB ever? Surely your just regurgitating something that your heard on some sad sports show. You can't honestly think that tom brady is that good. He is a recycled Phil Simms at best. I can think of numerous QB's that tom brady couldn't hold their sweaty jock. Elway, Montana (as much as I hate him), Young, Marino, Dawson, Fouts, Anderson (that might be a stretch, hey I'm a Bengals fan), Graham, Unitas, Favre...just to name a few that are WAY out of brady's league. The only reason that brady has the record in the playoffs that he has is because of Belechek, period.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 12-21-2005, 08:34 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
I think Michigan won the big ten title with Brady in '97 and they split it with Ohio State in '98. He was probably good enough for either team.

(oh yeah, Michigan: 42 big ten titles. Ohio State just got their 30th )

And I think that the Buckeyes have taken 4 of the last 5 meetings which means the Buckeyes own michigans A$$.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST

Oh yea, I almost forgot..............

WHO DEY

Last edited by captain planet; 12-21-2005 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:55 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Hey man you brought up the Buckeyes not I. Neither Michigan or Ohio State are my team. You said that Brady wasn't good enough to go to Ohio State. Your team could have only been so lucky.

Second, yep you are probably right. I am "regurgitating" something Peter King wrote or something I saw on ESPN or Inside the NFL. Let me reiterate that I am not a Brady fan or a Favre fan for that matter, but both are good QB's. I also said "arguably." IMO Dan Marino is the greatest QB of all times. However, because he never won the big one many might argue that Montanta or Bradshaw is the best. But, to call Brady recycled Phil Simmis ... you're stretching dude. Look what the guy has done this year with Corey Dillon being hurt, mediocre receivers and a banged up "D." He is a legitimate MVP canindate. Your opinion is certainly you are own, but give the guy his due. He won 3 SB's. Belichick is great, but someone has to run the plays...
Old 12-21-2005, 09:24 AM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
And I think that the Buckeyes have taken 4 of the last 5 meetings which means the Buckeyes own michigans A$$.
Bo! Come back! (is he still alive?)

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 12-21-2005, 09:31 AM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Quote:
Hey man you brought up the Buckeyes not I. Neither Michigan or Ohio State are my team. You said that Brady wasn't good enough to go to Ohio State. Your team could have only been so lucky.

Second, yep you are probably right. I am "regurgitating" something Peter King wrote or something I saw on ESPN or Inside the NFL. Let me reiterate that I am not a Brady fan or a Favre fan for that matter, but both are good QB's. I also said "arguably." IMO Dan Marino is the greatest QB of all times. However, because he never won the big one many might argue that Montanta or Bradshaw is the best. But, to call Brady recycled Phil Simmis ... you're stretching dude. Look what the guy has done this year with Corey Dillon being hurt, mediocre receivers and a banged up "D." He is a legitimate MVP canindate. Your opinion is certainly you are own, but give the guy his due. He won 3 SB's. Belichick is great, but someone has to run the plays...

LOL, What do ya really think Brian?

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 12-21-2005, 11:24 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Hey man you brought up the Buckeyes not I.

IMO Dan Marino is the greatest QB of all times. However, because he never won the big one many might argue that Montanta or Bradshaw is the best. But, to call Brady recycled Phil Simmis ... you're stretching dude. ..
In all honesty, I have to say that my fervent opposition to brady being put up with the greats stems from where he attended college (hey I bleed Scarlet and Gray). But comparing him to Simms is a fair analysis. He runs a safe offensive shceme that most above average QB's could operate effectively. It makes my blood boil to hear his name in the same sentence as Elway, Bradshaw, Manning, or Marino.

By the Way, I agree with you BriEOD, Marino is in the top 3 all time, no question. I really wanted to see him get a ring before he retired, he deserved it.

Oh yea....

WHO DEY

Old 12-21-2005, 01:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: "05",MC,X9,MCX350,Pro tour red
Quote:

Bri, I was lucky enough to see Marino and Montanna in the Super Bowl in SF at Stanford! What a site, even though our Fins got barbecued'! I did wear my Dolphins shirt with pride all the way to the end!
Old 12-21-2005, 02:18 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Good on ya'! I hate bandwagon fans. Now all of the sudden I see all these Bengals fans. I'm like where were you guys about 5 years ago.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: "05",MC,X9,MCX350,Pro tour red
Quote:
Good on ya'! I hate bandwagon fans. Now all of the sudden I see all these Bengals fans. I'm like where were you guys about 5 years ago.
Kind of like those Raider fans, now you see them now you don't! I sure don't see any Raider flags on cars now! I think they all went into hiding!