Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-29-2007, 10:10 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
I wish there was more talk of the NFL on this board, because I love professional football and as you can see by my avatar, it is going to be another long season for me this year.

I watched the Pats/Skins game yesterday and something has become abundantly clear. Belecheck has truly become someone to hate in the NFL, kind of like a Steve Spurrier when he was at Florida. I'm sorry, but when your up 38-0 in the 4th quarter, AT HOME, you don't continue to throw 30 and 40 yards downfield with your starters in the game. What is the point? You run the ball, I mean it wasn't like they weren't moving the ball on the ground. They were averaging 4.3 yards per carry. Nice job Bill, way to show those Redskins who's boss!!

By the way Mark P, one of these days we will get a defense to go with our offense. I just hope it happens before we loose this core of offense talent we have in place now.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 10-29-2007, 11:45 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet
I wish there was more talk of the NFL on this board, because I love professional football and as you can see by my avatar, it is going to be another long season for me this year.

I watched the Pats/Skins game yesterday and something has become abundantly clear. Belecheck has truly become someone to hate in the NFL, kind of like a Steve Spurrier when he was at Florida. I'm sorry, but when your up 38-0 in the 4th quarter, AT HOME, you don't continue to throw 30 and 40 yards downfield with your starters in the game. What is the point? You run the ball, I mean it wasn't like they weren't moving the ball on the ground. They were averaging 4.3 yards per carry. Nice job Bill, way to show those Redskins who's boss!!

By the way Mark P, one of these days we will get a defense to go with our offense. I just hope it happens before we loose this core of offense talent we have in place now.
I agree-The Pats are a great team-Brady is a freak! Belecheck is going to get somebody like Brady hurt trying to prove a point and then he will be screwed!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 10-29-2007, 12:31 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
I like how one of the announcers was trying to put a positive spin on the game for Jason Campbell (Skins QB). He said Campbell is getting some valuable experience as a young NFL QB. Yes, there's nothing like getting your a$$ handed to you to make you a better quarterback!

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 10-29-2007, 12:44 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Quote:

Belicheck reminds me of Woody Hayes. Woody when up by a large margin over Michigan chose to go for a two point conversion instead of just kicking the field goal. When a reporter asked him later why he went for two he responded by saying because I coundn't go for three....

true story....

No matter what you say about him he has an uncanny ability to get his payers to support him. I saw Junior Seau, Bruchki and the tight end on ESPN countdown and they had nothing but praise for the coach. Think back to the Seau - Charger days and he did not speak so well of his coaches. More interesting perhaps is we currently have two very sucessful coaches who go about it in two very distinctly different fashions in Billy B and Tony D.

Tony is very quiet for the most part and his players respect him greatly. Mostly beacuse he exudes a level of confidence, has a vast knowledge of the game and is a teacher of the game. Guys shut up and listen when he speaks from what I gather.

Conversely you have the Lions coach Rod Marinelli. Who is a great X's and O's guy buy lacks the leadership abilty necessary to get his guys to go into battle with him. The front office of the Lions has long since overlooked this skill as imperivite when selcting a coach.

Coach means leader, teacher and nothing else....

I often wonder what drove Joe Gibbs to return to the game from a very sucessful NASCAR program to work for an idiot like Snyder and inherit a bunch of ego manic misfits like the Redskins had become. It is amazing to me the drive that must be inside this man to return when he clearly had no reason to. If you think about it, if you think about what he has done with that team it is ten feet short of a miracle. Amazing person he must be.

Lets smack some *** about TO? I'd love to hear what some on this board think of TO and Randy Moss for that matter? Do you think TO learned from seeing the disappearance of others who had big mouths and were ME ME ME players?

I think, well I am not sure what to think and my hands are shaking from doing all this typing so I'll end with a final thought.

England? Why play in England? What's next Monday Night Football from Cape Town? Football, as I see it, is an American game. If you want to see an American game of football come on over, buy a ticket and spend some Euro's in our country....

There is my buck fifty for you CP, I am OUT!!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:52 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
WOW 210, very "Rome-like" of you.

I'm not saying Belecheck isn't a good coach. We can't debate that. What I am saying is, why throw bombs when your up by 38 in the fourth quarter? It is classless and I hope it comes back to bite him.

As for trying to compare this to Woody going for 2 when mauling michigan, that is different. That is a fierce nasty rivalry, this was week 8 of the NFL regular season between two teams from difference conferences who haven't played each other in 4 years.

TO is an idiot, Moss isn't a leader and I don't particularly care for either of them. Don't play in England and GO COLTS THIS WEEKEND!!!

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 10-29-2007, 12:59 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Quote:
WOW 210, very "Rome-like" of you.

I'm not saying Belecheck isn't a good coach. We can't debate that. What I am saying is, why throw bombs when your up by 38 in the fourth quarter? It is classless and I hope it comes back to bite him.

As for trying to compare this to Woody going for 2 when mauling michigan, that is different. That is a fierce nasty rivalry, this was week 8 of the NFL regular season between two teams from difference conferences who haven't played each other in 4 years.

TO is an idiot, Moss isn't a leader and I don't particularly care for either of them. Don't play in England and GO COLTS THIS WEEKEND!!!
TO is an idiot! He is acting ok right now but we are all sitting on pins and needles around here. I like the kick butt attitude but not to the point of putting your players at risk. What are most players going to say about their coaches. Everyone once in a blue moon, one will speak out but he is usually wrong!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 10-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Leroy

Great game next Sunday, Colts play NE in Indianapolis, both are 8-0.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:25 PM
MC Platinum

As a fan I think Belechek (can never remember how to spell it) is greedy and can only believe there is a reason in his own mind to throw the ball in that situation. I hope there is no rift between he and Gibbs because if there is I'm circling my wagons around the Skins and leaving the Pat's high and dry..

I love it when I catch the "miked up" versions of the on the field statements from both coaches and playes alike. It gives me a feel for thier true character. TO has said while miked up "don't nobody can cover me" and while his statement is not constructed very well at all it might be true the fact is there is much more than coverage. I preach to my players (yup you guessed it) being open is nothing unless you catch the ball first and then proceed. You see if you get open and drop the ball and then proceed they do give you any points for that. You have to do all three, OPEN, CATCH & Run in the end zone. TO while mammothly strong and arguably quick has the hands of a 50 year lineman. So to say he lacks the ability to go up or down and get the ball. The stat's proved it last time I looked.

The bum QB of the week has to go to Bears QB and former Michigan player Brian Griese. Griese went 22 for 40 with four interceptions. I watched so many balls thrown at the feet of the receiver I had to make sure Griese was standing up when he threw. He was about as off as you could possibly be.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 PM
MC Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy
Great game next Sunday, Colts play NE in Indianapolis, both are 8-0.
Without question the road to the super bowl starts with both of these teams. Look for the name Bob Sanders to be heard at least 20 times and the Colts to win in a high scoring affair, 41-34...

At least that's my $.02

BTW - Hoosier Bob has not called offering me a ticket if I drive down.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Leroy

My kids are saying "hey dad this will be a great game take us" sure guys I'm made of money. I'm sure these tickets will go for a premium!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210
Without question the road to the super bowl starts with both of these teams. Look for the name Bob Sanders to be heard at least 20 times and the Colts to win in a high scoring affair, 41-34...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210

At least that's my $.02

BTW - Hoosier Bob has not called offering me a ticket if I drive down.