Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
Romo is way over rated. If you are not a Cowboy fan you can see right through the hype and see he really isn't that good. Kind of like Tebow, only they made it work for more years than they should have. Bronco's were smart in getting rid of Tebow, even if they had not scored Manning. Cowboys should cut bait w/ Romo as well.
I agree, he's overrated. Look at the receivers he has. He should have better than good stats with the guys he's had to throw to. Throw it up, and they're able to make a catch.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
He is a good QB, but when it comes to crunch time, he does stupid ****. He plays like a young QB and he should have the experience to know better. He has a decent team in front of him.
x2 on that. I'm weary of hearing NFL analysts say how good he is. He can escape some pressure and make some decent throws, but isn't that what is expected of an NFL QB? He just makes some real bone-headed decisions. He and the Cowboys are 16-16 over the past two seasons, and as they say, you are what your record says you are. Average. JJ is going to do some house-cleaning. And fwiw, I'm not a Cowboys fan but get tired of all the coverage laid upon them.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500 MC View Post
x2 on that. I'm weary of hearing NFL analysts say how good he is. He can escape some pressure and make some decent throws, but isn't that what is expected of an NFL QB? He just makes some real bone-headed decisions. He and the Cowboys are 16-16 over the past two seasons, and as they say, you are what your record says you are. Average. JJ is going to do some house-cleaning. And fwiw, I'm not a Cowboys fan but get tired of all the coverage laid upon them.
I'm with you there.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 01-03-2013, 12:26 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
What exactly would Jerry Jones do?

New GM? No...

New head coach? No....

New Defensive coordinator? No...

New QB? No...

Bring in Offensive Coordinator? Maybe

Fire some assistant coaches? Maybe...

Fire some players? Maybe...

NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE until JJ is dead....

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Ok I'm real supriesed Garrett still has a job. Almost every coach in the nfl has coached the cowboys. JJ goes through coaches like a girl changes outfits.

Romo will stay with the boys unfortunately. Romo needs a new home. He scrambles and makes very poor decisions. Then again his job is to get out of pressure cleanly and not lead the NFL with INT's.

Now look at the line. We have a right guard that holds and likes to false start. That doesn't help things.

We also have only 1 guy romo throws to #82 Witten.

The recievers getting blamed for dropped balls really is not their fault. The ball has to be a "reasonably" catchable ball IMO before I blame the receiver. Seriously look at the injuries the recievers had this season. I think that if the ball hit the recievers #'s instead of jump balling the receiver and leaving him defenceless and just setting him up to get freight trained, then we would have healthier players. Heck we may even have recievers trusting the QB not to throw a pass to them that is a set up for a major hit .001 seconds after the ball hits his hands.

Romo's stats: to have passed Aikman with passing yards is one thing. But subtract the entire drive off of total yards if you get another int. If you throw 200 yards or more in a game and have 3-5 INT's then you pretty much should have -200 yards for the day. Pretty hard to justify his accomplishment. Also he does have experience and ability to throw a ball. Maybe instead of running around trying to get out of pressure and just scrambling, throw the ball out of bounds instead of a pick. Most of the time he starts his scramble crap he throws an int and that should be on his shoulders not anyone else's.

The biggest problem with the cowboys is the owner JJ. He is so self consumed and is all about image. He thinks he is slicker than owl chit and knows everything. He knows how to build an empire and can market real well but knows nothing about football. Therefore he needs to give up the reigns and own the team instead of controlling everything and micro managing the team.

I'm a huge cowboys fan. When we can't make the playoffs year after year and we run through coaches and staff like crazy, eventually JJ should admit something about his position.

So to end my rant.......I don't like Romo or JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
What exactly would Jerry Jones do?

New GM? No...

New head coach? No....

New Defensive coordinator? No...

New QB? No...

Bring in Offensive Coordinator? Maybe

Fire some assistant coaches? Maybe...

Fire some players? Maybe...

NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE until JJ is dead....
Having had a long list of lousy owners and coaches, I feel for the Cowboys fans. Up untile things started to turn around, we were looking at the good years as when we had Denny Green.

LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Aikman in the 1993 season threw 394 times, with 271 completions for 3100 yards and a 69% completion percentage. 6 INTs!

Romo in the 2012 season threw (brace yourselves) 648 times! With 425 completions and 4903 yards. 19 INTs!

If you do the math, had aikman thrown the ball 648 times in a single season, he would have had ~176 more completions and ~1391 more yards for a total of 4491... Add 2 more INTs as well.

Romo throws the ball that much more because...? No offensive line to build a hole for the running back and he has no good durable running back in the lineup...

Romo SUCKS and he will never win a super bowl with Dallas or any other team.

As long as we have the best stadium and video board and can still buy our $10 beers without a table dance, all is good with dallas and their cowboys.

And we have that disgraceful JR Ewing wanna be disgrace to DFW to thank for it all.

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:45 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Aikman in the 1993 season threw 394 times, with 271 completions for 3100 yards and a 69% completion percentage. 6 INTs!

Romo in the 2012 season threw (brace yourselves) 648 times! With 425 completions and 4903 yards. 19 INTs!

If you do the math, had aikman thrown the ball 648 times in a single season, he would have had ~176 more completions and ~1391 more yards for a total of 4491... Add 2 more INTs as well.

Romo throws the ball that much more because...? No offensive line to build a hole for the running back and he has no good durable running back in the lineup...

Romo SUCKS and he will never win a super bowl with Dallas or any other team.

As long as we have the best stadium and video board and can still buy our $10 beers without a table dance, all is good with dallas and their cowboys.

And we have that disgraceful JR Ewing wanna be disgrace to DFW to thank for it all.
Because he has to. He doesn't have the 'greasy-turtle' to hand the ball off to who was running behind one of the best offensive lines of the 90's.

How quickly the Dallas fans forget, Aikman threw 165 TD's in his career and 141 picks. Tony Romo has already thrown for 177 td's with 91 picks. Romo (7 seasons) hasn't thrown for more yards than Aikman (12 seasons) yet, but is approximately 7300 yards behind him. Aikman never threw for over 4000 yards in a season, Romo has done that 4 times already. Romo's QB rating this season was the lowest it has been in his career, 90.4. His overall QB rating for his career is 95.6. Aikman only rated higher than 90 twice in his career and ended up with a overall rating of 81.6. Aikman only threw more than 20 TD passes in a season once in his career, Romo has done that 5 times already and twice has thrown for over 30 TD's. Romo also has a better completion percentage than Aikman, 64.7% to 61.5%.

I hate to say it, but Romo is the better QB.....and the last I checked I think Romo plays as much defense as Aikman did when he played.

Comparing Romo to Aikman is feudal at best. Aikman may be the luckiest HOF QB there is, he really doesn't belong in there.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 01-03-2013, 01:46 PM
MC Master Poster

They must be preparing for a loss in the land of cheese Saturday night...

Alcohol sales will cease at the beginning of the third quarter instead of the end.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2013, 02:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '91 PS190, 351 w/'slot
^lol, they're going to lose a lot in sales. I was at the week 13 game, and had no idea there were fights/people ejected... Most of the cheeseheads were surprisingly nice. Although, I doubt that'll be the case if they lose two weeks in a row.