Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-07-2010, 07:07 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Who doesn't have a run game? The Pats? I hope that's not who you're refering to. Take a look at Green-Ellis and Woodheads stats from the last 4 games. Also need to take into account that over 75 of Woodheads recieving yards were basically rush yards, as they came of shovel passes.

The Pats rush offense is just fine if you ask me.
My disdain for the packers and their cupcake schedule didn't properly come through on this post. I enjoy the Pats despite their coach. Its the packers who are in for a big let-down. Rodgers is pretty much the only star behind an offense that is very one dimensional.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 12-07-2010, 07:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
I just cant even believe how bad the Dallas Cowgirls stink this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 12-07-2010, 09:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
My disdain for the packers and their cupcake schedule didn't properly come through on this post. I enjoy the Pats despite their coach. Its the packers who are in for a big let-down. Rodgers is pretty much the only star behind an offense that is very one dimensional.
You're just mad that Brent is still the #1 QB, aren't you?

Part of the Packers' problem is that they usually play down to the level of their opponent and last week was a good example. I have no idea how the defensive players think they can tackle someone using their back, but I saw that tried many times during their last loss. They looked like they were going to do it again this week when the idiot kicker missed his first FG attempt and I turned the game off for a while after that happened. I lived through the Phil Bengston/Dan Devine/Bart Starr/Forrest Gregg period and it was really painful. However, if the Packers had such a cupcake schedule, how did they beat the Vikes?

Try to remember that we lost a lot of players to injuries this year and our main running back went out for the year during the first game. Driver has been hurt and I'm surprised they won as many games as they have.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:14 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
You're just mad that Brent is still the #1 QB, aren't you?

Part of the Packers' problem is that they usually play down to the level of their opponent and last week was a good example. I have no idea how the defensive players think they can tackle someone using their back, but I saw that tried many times during their last loss. They looked like they were going to do it again this week when the idiot kicker missed his first FG attempt and I turned the game off for a while after that happened. I lived through the Phil Bengston/Dan Devine/Bart Starr/Forrest Gregg period and it was really painful. However, if the Packers had such a cupcake schedule, how did they beat the Vikes?

Try to remember that we lost a lot of players to injuries this year and our main running back went out for the year during the first game. Driver has been hurt and I'm surprised they won as many games as they have.
Originally I was happy to see Favre come to MN just for the piss off the Packer Fans angle. Then, he could still play and most of us Viking fans were happy. The larger problem was the huge spin that was put on Childress when both the Packers and the Vikings were coach shopping. So much spin that we offered that moron whatever he wanted to sing the contract on the spot because when he left here he was going to Green Bay to interview. We thought we had not only gotten the best coach on the market, but we cut him off from the Packers. Then the Packers signed McCarthy...........McCarthy who??? Boy were we mistaken - and taken for a ride. Childress won some games, but as fast as his winning percentage went up, his control over play calling made both the defense and especially the offense so predictable anyone could see the play before it unfolded. We had the whole off season after almost beating the Saints to draw up a creative game plan to start the year off with a bang.......and what do we do????? Peterson up the middle three times then punt. Then we did it on the next possession. And there are a few people left in MN wondering why Childress got fired.

No doubt the Packers are making the very most out of this season that they can. Base that on McCarthy and Rodgers, and a host of players that most people have never heard of performing beyond their abilities. If it weren't for you injury plagued offense, and your unwillingness to get a real running back or two, the Packers could be on top of the division.

And the Packers beat the Vikings mostly on the merits of the coaching staff. Or more correctly, that the Packers have an excellent coaching staff and the Vikings didn't. We have had a drastic turn-around once Chilly was out the door. It will be interesting to see how we do against the Giants.

LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

Old 12-08-2010, 12:54 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
I don't like Billacheat, but the Pats should be able to take it to the Packers. Without a run game, they won't be able to make it the long haul.
I was so sick of hearing that about the pats a year (or was it two years?) ago. They got caught doing something wrong. And paid the penalty. That doesn't diminish the fact that Bellichick is the most successful coach in the league right now and maybe ever. And remember, it was such a common occurance that the league sent out a reminder in preseason that it was not ok to do.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:26 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally I was happy to see Favre come to MN just for the piss off the Packer Fans angle. Then, he could still play and most of us Viking fans were happy. The larger problem was the huge spin that was put on Childress when both the Packers and the Vikings were coach shopping. So much spin that we offered that moron whatever he wanted to sing the contract on the spot because when he left here he was going to Green Bay to interview. We thought we had not only gotten the best coach on the market, but we cut him off from the Packers. Then the Packers signed McCarthy...........McCarthy who??? Boy were we mistaken - and taken for a ride. Childress won some games, but as fast as his winning percentage went up, his control over play calling made both the defense and especially the offense so predictable anyone could see the play before it unfolded. We had the whole off season after almost beating the Saints to draw up a creative game plan to start the year off with a bang.......and what do we do????? Peterson up the middle three times then punt. Then we did it on the next possession. And there are a few people left in MN wondering why Childress got fired.

No doubt the Packers are making the very most out of this season that they can. Base that on McCarthy and Rodgers, and a host of players that most people have never heard of performing beyond their abilities. If it weren't for you injury plagued offense, and your unwillingness to get a real running back or two, the Packers could be on top of the division.

And the Packers beat the Vikings mostly on the merits of the coaching staff. Or more correctly, that the Packers have an excellent coaching staff and the Vikings didn't. We have had a drastic turn-around once Chilly was out the door. It will be interesting to see how we do against the Giants.
That all boils down to how the owners and GM think- the Packers got the coach and built the team based on who would be best for the team and the Vikings owner picked the coach to keep GB from hiring him and then brought Favre in to be a thorn in GB's side for the one or two games/year they play each other and because they thought "This year, it'll be different. He won't waffle about whether he'll play, or not.". GB just got sick of that crap- when he said "I'm done" and reversed it on Aug 3rd of this year, it marked the 8th anniversary of the first time he did that in GB. How can a team possibly plan their season if the star(ting) QB sits on the fence about playing? He fractured his ankle and missed ZERO games. They didn't win all of the games since and last Sunday, he launched his shoulder in the first drive, so they pulled him. From all indications, Tarvaris Jackson is ready to go and even though the season means almost nothing for the Vikings, Favre will probably start just so he can hit the 300 start mark. Nice record if the team is winning all of their games but....

I thought there was no 'I' in team. I thought teams tried to win games, not cater to one star. Hmmm.

I saw something that said "It’s nice to know that if Brett Favre decides to actually retire this year, Fran Tarkenton will be ready and eager to take over for him under center.".
Old 12-08-2010, 08:20 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Hey guys, consider yourselves lucky. Your still able to talk about your team in December. As a Bengals fan, the season has been over since October. I wish we had the problems of an 8-4 team!

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 12-08-2010, 09:06 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I was so sick of hearing that about the pats a year (or was it two years?) ago. They got caught doing something wrong. And paid the penalty. That doesn't diminish the fact that Bellichick is the most successful coach in the league right now and maybe ever. And remember, it was such a common occurance that the league sent out a reminder in preseason that it was not ok to do.
I'm only a casual fan of the Pats and didn't follow them once the cheating came to light. What penalty did they pay and how did they address the games they won by cheating?

Old 12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
That all boils down to how the owners and GM think- the Packers got the coach and built the team based on who would be best for the team and the Vikings owner picked the coach to keep GB from hiring him and then brought Favre in to be a thorn in GB's side for the one or two games/year they play each other and because they thought "This year, it'll be different. He won't waffle about whether he'll play, or not.". GB just got sick of that crap- when he said "I'm done" and reversed it on Aug 3rd of this year, it marked the 8th anniversary of the first time he did that in GB. How can a team possibly plan their season if the star(ting) QB sits on the fence about playing? He fractured his ankle and missed ZERO games. They didn't win all of the games since and last Sunday, he launched his shoulder in the first drive, so they pulled him. From all indications, Tarvaris Jackson is ready to go and even though the season means almost nothing for the Vikings, Favre will probably start just so he can hit the 300 start mark. Nice record if the team is winning all of their games but....

I thought there was no 'I' in team. I thought teams tried to win games, not cater to one star. Hmmm.

I saw something that said "Itís nice to know that if Brett Favre decides to actually retire this year, Fran Tarkenton will be ready and eager to take over for him under center.".
The transition truly amazes me from how Favre was the savior of the Packers by being the one to release them from the 29 year rebuilding program and pretty much could have run for Pope is the decision was based on WI, to he is the dregs of society who never really played all that well and we are glad he is gone. Seems to be a lot of really hard feelings that all the Pepto-Bismal in the world won't resolve. The funny thing is Vikings have not felt any of the heart-wrenching pain the Packers felt during the will Farvre play or retire days.

There is an "I" in team...........Business. NFL teams are a business first, though they are usually owned by someone who is so loaded they view it as an amusement. When that happens there is no guessing what will happen. Ziggy Wilf, owner of the Vikings, is a great example. He is a big fantasy football guy. Everything is statistics to him, and that is probably his thoughts behind having Favre in MN. But stats don't necessarily make a winning team

Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
I'm only a casual fan of the Pats and didn't follow them once the cheating came to light. What penalty did they pay and how did they address the games they won by cheating?
Coach Bill Belichick was fined the NFL maximum of $500,000 and the Patriots were ordered to pay $250,000 for spying on an opponent's defensive signals.

Commissioner Roger Goodell also ordered the team to give up its first-round draft choice next year if it reaches the playoffs this season, or its second- and third-round picks if it misses the postseason.