Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 11-21-2005, 06:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2 Switch Blue and White
Kids Wakeboard Recommendations

I am looking to help my 7 year old daughter ad a wakeboard to her Santa list and was looking for recommendations from TMC members who may have experience in this area.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:50 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: X-9, 2005, mci, orange
My daughter rides a Hyperlite 119 Divine. It has girlie looks, so she was excited to ride it. She is 8 and weighs about 40-45 lbs. Make sure you get bindings that are easy for kids to operate.... Unless you like putting the board on every time for them.

She learned off of the side of a tube. Less scary for the little ones...2nd try was the winner and riding on her own after the first day.

My son rides a Hyperlite 134 Motive. 10 yrs old 85 lbs.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 PS197
I bought the Hyperlite Juvi (121 I think it is...) for my son a couple of years ago - it has worked well. He's 10 now and still has some time left on a board that size. The Hyperlite Spin bindings are pretty easy to use and I would recommend them for beginners.

Gotta love that kind of Christmas shopping, have fun!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:10 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: What ever floats your.....
I'll have to come and find this thread in about 6 months. I just picked up the ski skimmer for my little one for christmas. Maybe Ill get a board in spring she'll try it by the end of summer.
Oh, by the way, she'll be 3 next year. Gotta start them off right, right? We had her on the knee board about 3 months ago. Ski skimmer, then the combos with ropes, then the wakeboard.
Man, I love this sport.....
Old 11-22-2005, 09:24 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X5 2000
My kids are now 8 and 10. I got them a skiteck board (an old Obrien mold) and freemotion bindings 2 seasons ago. The skitech board is nothing fancy, just a tough board that wont get scratch easyly. It does the job well. The freemotion bindings are great as they have a movable thong and lace-up that can adapt to a large variety of foot size. I beleive my daughter (now 10 Yrs) will be able to use them again next year. Kids grow so fast, it is nice when they can use their equipment for a few years without outgrowing them too fast.
My suggestion is to get an affordable board of the right size for his weight. The freemotion bindings are a real succes for me. I also have a friend that got his 3 kids a board with these bindings and he is very satisfied about them.
JC
Old 12-03-2005, 01:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Pro 197
Friends of our have kids and they have the 119 divine the daughter really enjoys it. It seems that she is very stable on the bored.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:09 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
I'm looking to get my son a board for X-mas. Liquid Force 134 nemesis.
He's 12, never rode before. Should be a good beginner board for him and he can use it for several years.

For more info on boards, check out www.wakeworld.com
Old 12-04-2005, 10:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Pro 197
I ride the 139 omega LF and love it there is a 134 i think as well very stable lots of pop and great for spins. I know he is new but I tried 5 boards and this one fit me perfect. You can give it a look.