Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-05-2014, 09:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Lex @ Rambo Marine, deal with him just once and you wont use anyone else.
^^THIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
too many business's just don't get it. That's why skidim.com and others are flourishing...

what parts are you looking for.

mike
^^THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
It is a lost art. When I do find a place today provides it, I stick with them, regardless of they cost more than the competition.
^^And to top it off THIS. I deal exclusively with Lex @ Rambo & SKIDIM. The best price isn't always the best deal. Lots of good dealers out there, find a good one and stick with them.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
I bought a starter from Skidim, which I got in one day. They are close enough that UPS ground is a 1 day deal. I have also used inboardonline. They have some good pricing and are only about 100 miles from me, so another 1 day tunaround with UPS ground.

I will definitely have to try out Rambo Marine for the parts that have to come from Mastercraft.

By the way, still no reply from the two places in my original post. Pretty sure they never will reply at this point.

Click on the link above for Jabsco repair parts, including bearings, o-rings, lip seals and many other ballast pump parts.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '96 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
I like skidim for their service, but their prices dont sway me to purchase from them these days... besides getting an impeller, the other prices are pretty high compared to other places.
In the past month I have had two occasions where I found a problem on a Thursday and needed to have a part sent UPS Next Day. First was a shaft log hose. Called Skidim for the hose and had it the next morning. I'm in Illinois and shipping was very reasonable for Next Day. The next week my raw water pump failed. I looked at Skidim first, their price was not the cheapest. I spent that Thursday morning calling the other various online marine parts places, all of which had the pump cheaper than Skidim. The problem was that the shipping charges at these other places were outrageous! Even the places close to me in the Midwest were unbelievable. In the end I called Skidim and had it the next day, again for a very reasonable charge.

And if you weren't aware Skidim does have some discount codes you can take advantage of. Brings their prices more in line with the other places.
Acme 541
PerfectPass Stargazer Wakeboard Edition
Old 06-08-2014, 06:21 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 Mastercraft X25
Mastercraft dealer customer service is the worst I thought it was just the place I bought my boat from they were awsum well that was up until I paid for the boat then they dropped me like yesterday's lunch wouldn't return calls or emails and since they are a couple hrs away not really able to just duck around there and recently I've moved and am now closer to another dealer but still a good few hrs away have rung for 3 weeks leaving msgs for the workshop manager so I can try sort out a couple small warranty issues bloody hopeless spesh on a 120k boat

Old 06-08-2014, 08:30 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Good customer service is a lost art. However, I've always had good customer service with my dealer Boat House Marine at Tri-Lakes here in O-H-I-O, and they know I have no plans to change or buy a new boat.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams