Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Legacyauto11

X-30 Thoughts

I went and looked at 4 boats that were garbage yesterday, a 2005 X-star, 2012 X2, 2005 Correct Craft 210TE, and a 2004 X-star SS. I figured today is a new day and maybe my luck has turned so I researched listings for some Mastercrafts nearby and found a 2006 X-30 with 201 hours. I went to check it out and it had some wear on the side of the boat which was about a 2 foot long scratch on the left side and the trailer fender (tandem) looks to have somewhat survived a blowout. Those were the 2 negatives, everything else seemed to check out fine, it was extremely windy out today and thought it was best not to take it on a sea trial but the seller insisted that I at least hear the engine run so we backed it down the boat ramp and cranked it. It ran good at idle and all the electronics seemed to work. With all of that said, this is my first Mastercraft or better yet my first boat at all, and was wondering what the thoughts were on these X-30's? Any specific issues with these X-30's? I plan to use the boat for mainly wakeboarding and possibly wake surfing (haven't tried it yet but looks pretty fun) and to also serve as a cruiser up and down the creek. Any input is greatly appreciated guys, thanks in advance!

* Here are some pics of the boat.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2014, 10:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
my good friend/lake neighbor has a '06 X30 ... awesome boat ... terrific wakeboard and surfing boat.

I actually like how the big X30 decal was removed .. gives you the chance to upgrade the look

buy it ... buy it ... buy it!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Legacyauto11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RLAKE View Post
my good friend/lake neighbor has a '06 X30 ... awesome boat ... terrific wakeboard and surfing boat.

I actually like how the big X30 decal was removed .. gives you the chance to upgrade the look

buy it ... buy it ... buy it!
Haha I am hoping it passes the sea trial tomorrow (crossing my fingers the weather allows it). At first I was kinda bummed that someone removed it but I see it as an opportunity to kind of make it my own. That giant X-30 decal isn't really the best look to me.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:46 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 2002 X30
Should do everything you listed, looks pretty clean also. One thing you could do is take a terry cloth towel and wipe the boat down if the owner would let you. Use a vinegar / water mix in a spray bottle. When you do this you will notice every little flaw on the boat. Just looking over the boat does not do it. You need to wipe it down to find all the little flaws.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Legacyauto11

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplander View Post
Should do everything you listed, looks pretty clean also. One thing you could do is take a terry cloth towel and wipe the boat down if the owner would let you. Use a vinegar / water mix in a spray bottle. When you do this you will notice every little flaw on the boat. Just looking over the boat does not do it. You need to wipe it down to find all the little flaws.
I'm sure he won't mind, the guy is actually pretty cool. A lot better than other sellers I've dealt with in the last couple days. If you look at the picture of the right side of the boat towards the back you can see a hazy spot, do you think compound would take out haze/light scratches and scuffs?
Old 06-01-2014, 10:58 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 85' S&S
Thats really nice, id jump on it if the price is right!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 230 VRS
Looks awesome to me. I have the older X30/230 hull and it makes a great faimily "do it all" boat.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
Be sure to ask when the last time plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and fuel filter were changed. Also ask if the fuel pump has ever been replaced. I would also take a creeper and go over the entire bottom of the boat. Don't forget to check out the trailer while the boat is off. It is easy to get caught up with the boat and neglect going over the trailer.

CNC routing, Signs, Plaques, 3D carving/turning, Custom Millwork
Old 06-01-2014, 11:00 PM
MC Fanatic

There are multiple choices for cleaning products to remove the hazing or oxidation on the side. If he is willing ask him if he has any cleaning products and try to rub it out. Your local auto parts store should carry some marine products also.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 PM
MC Fanatic

I see it has a Florida plate, is this a saltwater boat