Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 05-27-2014, 12:21 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 PROSTAR LT-1
1994 190 PS LT-1 slalom dream.

1994 ProStar 190 LT-1. This is the best boat you can buy for the money. If you want anything , even close it will cost you 50 large. 571.4 hours. Heater, hot water shower, inlet water strainer with quick connect water hose hook up to start boat on land. Dripless shaft lubrication. 2 batteries with Perko switch. 4 MB quart marine, three-way speakers, 3 amplifiers: 2 for the main speakers, one for the 10inch sub-woofer. Aqua clear for the dual speedometer pitots (antique, obsolete). Remote oil filter location. Depth gauge. Trailer brakes have been converted to electric. Lifters upgraded to LT-4 specs. Pushrods customs length. Racing lifters. Minor blemishes in the uphoster, bimini needs straps. see link to the rebuild that I did.

Sweet slalom. Nothing better. Wakeboaders need not apply.

$14,000.00
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2014, 12:42 AM
TT Regular

more photos
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2014, 01:17 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Looks nice glws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2014, 08:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Nice looking! Husky Purple? Side picture perhaps?

1994 205, LT1
Old 05-27-2014, 09:00 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X1
Nice boat. GLWS, although not sure about the 50 large statement.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:55 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Corey View Post
Nice boat. GLWS, although not sure about the 50 large statement.
Agreed, I have a '97 190 w/ LT-1 and 'slot and PP that I'd sell for that price. It is a nice boat though. I'd like to see more pics.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:16 AM
TT Regular

More Photos

Defects are shown here. Minor upholstery defects. Scratches on the hull on the driver's side from getting too personal with a house boat. Bow scrapes from house boat. Speedometers don't work (in spite of the Aquaclear).
Attached Images

Last edited by DRRICK; 05-27-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:25 AM
TT Regular

More Photos

50 large. It is hard to get the pricing of the new Prostar. I saw a 2013 (new) listed for 48K. I am advertising here before I go to eBay or Craig's list, because this community is most likely to contain someone who will appreciate the boat. I know there is a better way, but I have c&p the address for the write up I did when the LT-1 got a stuck lifter after not being started in 2 years for the first time since I bought it.
Each and every ding (cosmetic) has a story.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=45951
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2014, 11:50 AM
TT Regular

Some of you might be amused as to how I purchased this boat.
I had been water skiing behind a sea swirl, then a BeachCraft. I was learning how to run the course behind a buddies Ski Nautique.

One sat morning while reading Water ski magazine, I came across an advertisement for the Corvette engine LT-1. I was not that familiar with Mastercraft, vs Ski Centurian vs etc. I have owned several Corvettes, so I knew the engine and I discovered that the engine was a special offering from Mastercraft.

I called the local dealer, then in Beaverton/Portland; yep they had one in stock.

So long story short. I told them I would buy it if they could have it ready that day. They did, I tipped them a case of Johnny Walker, drove the boat to Haag Lake and skiied that day be hind it.

The boat is well cared for, I am an-ex British car mechanic, now more into Porsches and Italian cars. It is kept in a heated workshop, during the winter. The oil and filter and trans fluid are changed at the beginning of each season.

My kids are grown, I am in my 60's so it is time for someone else to enjoy the boat.

There are several housekeeping issues, that do not affect the boat's ability to pull a skier. The subwoofer is mounted in a 5 gallon container, looks messy, but sounds great. I removed the radio head unit (who uses those anymore), and use MP3 player. The sound is incredible with the German made marine speakers. The Swim platform needs to be sanded and re-oiled; you see I tried and experiment and mixed tiny, tiny little beads (used for media blasting) into the teak oil, trying to get some traction. It didn't look so good, so I did take a sander and removed most of it. I just installed the remote Oil filter location last year, but it interferes with the cup holder in the back. I did fix the heating problem that I never knew existed until I joined this forum. (you know the heads and the way air likes to bubble up (see this thread: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...hlight=heating

The hose coming out of the blower needs repair, replacement. The tires on the trailer are brand.new (less than 100 miles on em). There is a spare that I removed to take photos. As I mentioned earlier the speedos don't work. I never used them so I have not fixed them. Bimini needs straps. The Bimini itself is in good shape.

Let me know if you have further questions. BTW the engine has 120 hours since the updated Rocker arms, and the boat runs great. I was afraid the increased breathing would cause the boat to run lean, but apparently, the ecu is mapped too rich to begin with, and the spark plugs look great.

Last, but not least, on the second day I owned the boat, a sunday afternoon, I took it to the river and hit a sand barge, just as I was leaving shore (Willamette river by Independence, Oregon). I had to replace the drive shaft and propeller. I did ugrade the Driveshaft to, I believe an Acme, which has the benefit of being able to be pressed out with a tool that came with the drive shaft. I have never needed to use it however, since that episode on the Willamette.

You will need an electric brake controller for the updated electric brakes on the trailer.

Let me know if you need more pics and exactly what you need (want) to see.
RickP

Last edited by DRRICK; 05-27-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:23 PM
TT Regular

$12,000 and I throw in the bare foot bar and anchor buddy. Going on Craig's list beginning of next week.
RickP