Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 05-27-2014, 07:27 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
ROFL... thought about. Gonna try that loctite glue and see what happens. If that doesn't hold, it's frankenstein time. I need a vinyl patch that looks like a band-aid.
dang - I could have sent a band-aid banner., lol
Old 06-29-2014, 06:48 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
So, this is what I used. Looks great, works great, and easy to install. Ill get a pic on the boat next time I'm there.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:29 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
So on my swim deck, I've got a spot where the seam has ripped due to dry cracking and just general neglect from the previous owner. The tear is about 3 inches long, foam exposed underneath. I'd like to just repair it with something to get me by for the season before I replace the entire thing. Is there a glue, or some way to stitch it back up? I wouldn't be too concerned with it, except it's on the sun/party pad and someone's toe will eventually snag on it ripping it even further, so I'd like to try to avoid that. Anyone have any suggestions? Doesn't need to be super pretty, but I also don't just want to slap a piece of duct tape on there and call it a day.
Seams are structural and if it already ripped 3" long, you'll need to have it sewn i you want the repair to last a long time. If you have the three piece panels, it will be a lot easier to handle.

This kind of thing usually happens because people step and kneel on the stitching. Carry some towels on the boat and place them on the seams where people kneel, folded so they're several layers thick. It will distribute the load over a larger area.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 XStar
After reading this thread, I sent Gary at G & J an email regarding repairing my '05 XStar's upholstery and boat cover. I'm interested in having board "pouches" added to top of my Bimini as well. I'll let you know his response. Thanks for the local lead!