Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 06-02-2014, 04:01 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195 - 350 TBI Predator, 1:1, 13x11.5 OJ 3-Blade
I understand you guys wanting to keep that remote...not just because the direct replacement is >$100, but I'm still removing fiberglass shards from my hand from replacing that remote!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:08 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1999 Prostar 205 LTR
Send a message via Yahoo to mrhodes12
correct

You are correct, the fiberglass burn you have after sticking your arm where it isn't supposed to be is my main reason, and i'm sure it is a pita to run the new wire, or I bet it would be on my boat (goes through the bottom of the hull beside the battery and back up on the other side under the ski locker) I'd rather not try it. Thanks for all your help, this forum has saved my butt/wallet many times now.
Mitchell
Old 06-02-2014, 04:37 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMLVMI View Post
Any of the new Clarion decks (M303, M502) can work with the factory remote if you get the 6-pin to 8-pin converter cable: http://www.clarion.com/ca/en/product...499537066.html Check here and eBay, they pop up every once in a while. Personally, I replaced the remote with an MW2 remote, and it fits in the factory location.
I was under the impression that even with the converter cable the mute function wont work when using an auxiliary input... can anyone confirm that mute on the remote does work when playing from aux?

I am in the same situation and haven't upgraded head units because I want full function of the remote.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhodes12 View Post
You are correct, the fiberglass burn you have after sticking your arm where it isn't supposed to be is my main reason, and i'm sure it is a pita to run the new wire, or I bet it would be on my boat (goes through the bottom of the hull beside the battery and back up on the other side under the ski locker) I'd rather not try it. Thanks for all your help, this forum has saved my butt/wallet many times now.
Mitchell
The throttle area is the only bad part...the going through the hull is actually not; it goes right up under that walkway and all you have to do is wedge the cable and it's through. That was the easy part!
Old 06-02-2014, 11:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladecker View Post
I was under the impression that even with the converter cable the mute function wont work when using an auxiliary input... can anyone confirm that mute on the remote does work when playing from aux?

I am in the same situation and haven't upgraded head units because I want full function of the remote.
Sorry can't confirm it, but according to this thread it might? http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...t=53896&page=2

Best of luck! I've got the MW2 and it's a great remote, fits perfectly.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:35 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
I have a CMD5 that would slip right in and has the 6 pin connector for your remotes. CD player doesn't work, but radio and Aux do. Let me know if you're interested. I'd sell it to ya for about the price of a 6-8 adapter.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:00 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 X-5
I too have a 2000 X-5. The PO installed a Sony that had a remote that sat in the cup holder but it didn't work, and the original remote is still in it's original location. So I just bought a Clarion M502 and the 8-6 pin converter. I'll update how this works after the install.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 X-Star 2003 X2 (SOLD)
The iphone 5 through USB probably doesn't work because the 5 puts out a digital signal no analog. I know you have to use a lightning to old style adapter to use it on older Bose etc. the adapter is a little expensive because it has a digital to analog converter built in.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:20 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcfarland View Post
The iphone 5 through USB probably doesn't work because the 5 puts out a digital signal no analog. I know you have to use a lightning to old style adapter to use it on older Bose etc. the adapter is a little expensive because it has a digital to analog converter built in.
That's okay, we are Canadian and vacation in the USA so I won't be using my phone hardly at all anyways. We have ample 30 pin connected iDevices to load music on so we should be just fine.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:42 PM
TT Regular

I got everything in the mail today and did the install. Volume, power, skip forward/backward, pause/mute, source all work correctly. The best part is that it only cost $125 + $37. Yeah for a remote control!