Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 08-16-2017, 04:17 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2017 Mastercraft NXT22
underwater lights

anyone add these on yourselves.. which lights are you using and are you happy with them? please post pics as well.. thank you
Old 08-16-2017, 04:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 x-30, 6.2, gen2
I don't have pics. But I have added lights to a few different boats.

For me, I could not justify spending $1k plus on lights, but I have also purchased cheap ones and been unhappy with them.

After doing a lot or research, I ended up purchasing Loomis LED's. They are super bright, high lumen fixtures with overtemp protection... but they are in a more economical packaging (plastic instead of stainless steel), so the price is not bad at all.

You can get a pair for $300-400. They have been on my boat for 2.5 seasons so far and no issues. Very happy with them, and super easy to install as there are not ballast or resistors or anything else other than the lights.

Also, the owner Andy was very helpful and responsive. If you are okay with them not looking really high end...they sure do perform at the right price.