Go Back   TeamTalk > News & Information > Team Talk Forum Help- Forum Issues Only

Old 06-16-2014, 06:21 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Master Craft X45 2007 8.1L
Water Leak

07 x45 is taking on water when the boat is parked with motor off. The bilge front and rear will kick on every 20 - 25 minutes for about 4 - 5 min. The center plug is in. When I pull the boat out of the water I get a drip here and there from the drive line. The boat will hold the water inside the hull. Please advise?
Old 06-16-2014, 06:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Falcon
You have to think that there is a lot of force to get water in as the boat is displacing a lot of weight. You could be getting it from a lot of places. Most likely suspects are shaft seal or rudder. YOu could also be getting it from any of the locations that sit under water line with through hull attachment ie; exhaust, swim platform bolts etc. Once it gets in there is not enough force to get it back out on it's own just sitting there.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:02 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
As and add-on to Skibumm's comment.....

Assuming the bilge was dry when you put the boat in the water and with the engine off, you are getting water. Assuming you have not used your ballast and are still getting water then the first thing to do is ensure the bilge is dry then put water in the hull while it is sitting on the trailer and look for leaks.

In 2007 (and maybe a year or two before and for some time afterwards), they used crappy plugs which can very easily get cross-threaded. That is where I had my leak show up in my 07 X1.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:13 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X45 8.1
I had the exact same thing on my 06 X15 drove me nuts. Eventually I found that a very small amount of water was leaking in around the fresh water intake connection. Whether the engine was running or not the water leaked in. I took it to the dealer and he removed the hose put some new adhesive or whatever it is they use and re-installed it. Never leaked again, it cost me like $30 for them to do it. And I couldve done it myself but I'm lazy