Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 05-04-2014, 08:16 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 98 Supra Comp
2003 35TH Anniversary 197

200 hrs

Is $27900 a decent price for this boat considering damaged/missing decals and minor exterior scratches? NADA has a lower price.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10252...CLKC2t2pkO_KCw
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2014, 08:29 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190
Interior looks rough for 200 hours
Old 05-04-2014, 08:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 35th Anniversary LQ9 Supercharged
Spits in the seems is just that year of MasterCraft.
The vinyl looks like it will cleanup with some elbow grease.
The graphics maybe hard to get your hands on.
A little 3M on the scuff generally will get rid of them.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:04 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Here is one that is pristine if you want a reference. It has some additional options and i think the price is negotiable. I have seen it in person.

http://www.thomasmarine.com/pre_owne...R0&veh=3469281
Old 05-04-2014, 09:21 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: wooden, boat, 1908, putt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
200 hrs

Is $27900 a decent price for this boat considering damaged/missing decals and minor exterior scratches? NADA has a lower price.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10252...CLKC2t2pkO_KCw
23-24k tops. Needs new skins in my opinion. Looks rather bare-bones but that is not a bad thing.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:11 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Stars and Stripes
A boat without a tower sure looks nice!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:49 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 98 Supra Comp
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx1 View Post
Here is one that is pristine if you want a reference. It has some additional options and i think the price is negotiable. I have seen it in person.

http://www.thomasmarine.com/pre_owne...R0&veh=3469281
After seeing that boat do you feel the asking price is reasonable? Still way higher than NADA. Is the boat's interior pristine?

Dealership says they use ABOS bluebook for values. Thanks for the link. Sweet boat.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:17 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Overall, it looks in fairly decent condition for an 11 year old boat. The small splits in the vinyl at the seams are apparently common for that year Mastercraft -- my boat has them too. The stains in the vinyl may be a different story -- not sure they will come out. I'm wondering what the heck happened to the decals???

I'm biased since I own one, but I think the price is fair for that boat in that condition. I've seen other 35th anniversary boats advertised for a lot more...

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 05-06-2014, 12:19 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
After seeing that boat do you feel the asking price is reasonable? Still way higher than NADA. Is the boat's interior pristine?

Dealership says they use ABOS bluebook for values. Thanks for the link. Sweet boat.
Duckdog:

Read through this thread as it is about the specific boat and what others think the value should be.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=59651

I would also PM mpabreo and ask him to give you the name of his buddy that is selling it. Thomas Marine (in Gonzales, LA) has the boat on consignment and they make 10% on the transaction so while you would not be buying it from the guy that owns it, the guy can tell Thomas what to sell it for. The reason I know how this operates is Thomas Marine just sold a boat for me.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1986 Mastercraft, 19 Skier, PCM Ford 351
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
Ok, I'll chime in. I have been looking at both boats. I passed on the 35 with the decal problem. Just to many think that I see not wrong, but wrong to me. The interior has defiantly been used. Decals are missing (star on the port side rear) or damaged. Looks like mold had grown on the rear hatch inner side (look close). Engine has signs that it was possibly put away wet and did not have time to properly dry hence the corrosion. Or was it in salt water? I will tell you the owner is stand up. He went back and forth with me on it for a long time until I called it.

Now the LA boat. I also have made an offer on that. Knowing it's on consignment and hearing what the dealer would take. No go. they said NO. In fact they have said no a number of times. I just recently emailed with another offer and maybe it's just me and they don't like me for some reason but, NO again. I think if the original owner who has it on consignment knew that I gave a reasonable offer to take it off his their hands and it was turned down he'd be upset. In fact I could have bought it 3-4 times now. So that said if you want it make an offer i'd be curious to see what you can get it for. Although a very nice boat, personally I don't see the asking price as a value to me. It's to high.