Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2014, 07:58 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: x
2011 225v

I am new to MC and just had some questions before I take a look at a used boat in person. Can tell from the online listing that the boat is a 2011 225V with 5.7L with 92 hours, zft3 tower, surf tabs, and attitude adjustment plate. I plan to ask about ballast/zero off when I take a look. I am having a hard time finding any info/owner feedback on 225s from this era (finding a lot on 90s and a few early 00s, but nothing this new). Am I mistaken in assuming that if it has ballast/zero off along with the features already mentioned, it is essentially an X25 in different clothes? Anything else to take into account? The lack of info available for this year/generation spooks me a little but I feel that I can get it for a good price compared to similar X25s and I like the look of it, but just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2014 MasterCraft X30
Yes you are correct 225 and X25 same hull just different options.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006. Mastercraft maristar
should be a lot cheaper and same boat as long as they loaded it up!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:22 PM
TT Newbie

Thanks! Anything to know or look out for with that year X25/225 and engine? Is it a solid wakeboard/surf boat? Reading some on the gen 1 surf tabs that are on it... not great, huh? Heard they are possibly retro-fitting, would the gen 2 work on a 2011?
Old 04-25-2014, 09:11 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
If memory serves me correctly - I think the Maristar badge ended in 2011, it is the same boat just different gel schemes and at one time had slightly different dash appointments. (Wood Accents)

Standard was no Tower, but optioned out you end up with an X25 with a different look. The marketing aspect was to go after/look more like the typical I/O runabout. Not sure on hard tank ballast, but pretty sure it was standard. If it has the Pro Package, should have PP, but could be a paddle wheel set up, not sure on when the satellite set up was changed over.

This was the last year for the ZFT3 - 4 point tower. Power plant if listed as 5.7 will be an Indmar MCX - Big debate, but should be plenty of power for the boat.

225/X25 probably has the best out of the box wakeboard and surf wakes - again debatable, certainly can use extra ballast for surf, but stock wakeboard wake is excellent.

Surf Tabs - Here we go, nothing wrong with Gen1 - No software support for Gen2 on that year, but could be done. Worth it - IMO, Not See this video, we will shoot another one this season showing the X25 with Gen 1 and proper weighting can achieve everything that Gen 2 can do if you know how to set up the boat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyNg6GIU9U0
Old 04-25-2014, 09:25 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: changes every month
I have a Beautiful 2012 X25/225 for sale Just saying lol ...

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=59910
Old 04-25-2014, 09:55 AM
TT Newbie

@Matts - Great info and video! Thanks! Of note, the engine is an Ilmore 5.7 - maybe that was just a typo. I've read a little bit on the 4 point zft3 as well, is it really as much of a pain to collapse as people make it out to be? And it's pretty tough to upgrade to a 2 point tower because of the base connectors, correct? We'll keep it in a covered lift if we get it, could always just raise the cover height I guess...

@gsxrjtt - Gorgeous boat! GLWS
Old 04-25-2014, 10:08 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
^^^ - Ilmor was an option in 2011, exclusive in '12.

I had a 4 point on my X2, good tower, for the first year we collapsed the tower every outing, kinda of a pain, but with 2 people we had it down. Biggest issue is the speakers sit on the rear seats. I made a rig to hold them off the seats. Also, the Bimini can be a pain, we would take it off, that was the biggest time eater. The knobs also can sometimes wind off of the bolt, lock tite will help with this issue.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
tower can be lowered by one person too - it is, as matt says, a pain. i dont have any issues with the speakers sitting on the seats though, i take out the center cushion, turn it over (so its upholstery on upholstery) and make it so the light bar makes contact with the underside starboard of the center seat.

the stock wakeboard wake on that boat is awesome. if its got a tower, go for it.

Tags
2011, 225, 225v, mastercraft, x25