Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2014, 05:42 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1987 Howard V-Drive 390Ford
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
I hope the Attorney General now get's involved - hopefully OP will contact AG and file a complaint.

I am sure we will never hear from him again here.
Already filed. Awaiting AG reply.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:48 PM
TT Regular

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
Put a *67 before his number. It'll block yours.
Great Info! I'll have my attorney do it and pass it onto AG in NC and Az. You didn't think I would skip reporting the intrastate commerce of the sale did you? I'm hitting him from all sides.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:51 PM
TT Regular

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartmcnair View Post
that's messed up...
The real Seth....messed up. Well, we'll see how he likes his own medicine in the end.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:00 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boater#1 View Post
Great Info! I'll have my attorney do it and pass it onto AG in NC and Az. You didn't think I would skip reporting the intrastate commerce of the sale did you? I'm hitting him from all sides.
I believe interstate business fraud is a federal crime ?
Old 04-09-2014, 06:12 PM
TT Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncotw View Post
I am sorry you are dealing with this issue.... I would not wish this scenario upon anyone!

However, I am not sure why you would forward $30,000.00 to someone for a boat you were intending to purchase? I have purchased several boats from out of state and I have always provided some amount of earnest money to hold the boat (usually $1,000)! Once I arrived to pick up the boat, I handed the dealership/salesman the remainder of the money.... I would never ever consider paying the entire price without being there to inspect it myself.... Furthermore, the day AFTER you submitted your payment you should have been screaming for your boat RIGHT then and THERE..... I am not sure why it took you from December 2013 until now to start your campaign of attempting to get your money back!

I truly wish you the best and hope for an outcome which is favorable for you....

Please keep us posted.....
I first won the item on Ebay, but the Dork had the reserve too high to win (against Ebay policy. They've been notified also). I then called him and we agreed on a price. He sent paperwork/invoice. I verified business LLC, verified PNC Bank and account. I checked BBB (at that time he only had one complaint and it was handled professionally in BBB's eyes). Based on my complaint, and non-response to BBB, he now has an F. I called local Sheriff Office and spoke with deputy in charge of area. Stated no complaints or trouble within almost a year since they (Monster Marine) opened. My Bank verified also before money was wired. Seth has given excuse after excuse why he couldn't ship the boat (ie, snow storms, weather, boat shows, ect.). Weather cleared and I demanded boat and title within 48hrs. He stopped recieving my calls. Completed complaints via BBB, other internet sites, AZ and NC Attorney General due to intrastate commerce, meanwhile looking for a great attorney. Found him! And now I'll let the games begin.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:15 PM
TT Regular

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Would love him to join us Peter!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:19 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boater#1 View Post
Would love him to join us Peter!
It would be fun, but he doesn't have the cajones for it.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 04-09-2014, 06:24 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
It would be fun, but he doesn't have the cajones for it.
He looked quite the fool last time... Who knows of he'll come back.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None right now. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ORidr View Post
That is probably the best course of action. Anyone from this forum heading towards that area stop in and pay a visit. Years ago I got ripped off by a guy in Vermont on a lumber deal. I bought about $500 and it was handled well. Then I put together big order for a bunch of members of a woodworking group and I paid out of my own pocket for the lumber. I was using about 80% of it so it made sense I handle it. Just a bit over $5K was sent. He stalled and stalled and then all of a sudden he sends me an email saying he is declaring bankrupcy and that I can stuff it. He owed over $250K to various banks for equipment he had in the business and his own toys/tools.

Now, little did he know my brother lives in NY and does a lot of hunting all over the upstate area. He dropped in on the guy about a year after the BK and found him, back in business cutting and selling lumber. He was questioned about the bandsaw mill he had and he even bragged how he hid it from the court. Well, my brother reported it and poof, it was taken from him and he got in some trouble for it. Then for the next 4+ years every one of my brother's friends that were anywhere near the area were instructed to drop in and say hello and just say to the guy "we know you rip people off and we know where you live. Remember that." My brother said at least 10 people did it for him. Two of them even said it would be a shame if he had some kind of "accident." My brother said his friends reported that the guy got REALLY twitchy. Last summer I was up there and I left a note on his windshield that read "you ripped me off of a lot of money, I could easily burn this truck and your equipment. Have a nice day." I heard a few weeks ago he sold all his equipment and toys and moved out of state.

If one can't get their money back, and least we can take away his confidence. I love the fact that I probably made old Josh look over his shoulder every time he stepped outside.
Brilliant!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2014, 06:30 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
I just emailed Seth to see if he wanted to comment here and have the option to make things right. If I do not hear from him, I guess he doesn't care. If we do hear from him, hopefully he can explain and confirm/deny the story.
Seth was given his options. He chose his fate. I told him I wouldn't stop if he made me start.