Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM
jridgway611 jridgway611 is offline
TT Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2017
Boat: 2002 X10 350 tbi
Location: Southeast
Posts: 12
Water in Bilge

I have a 2002 x10 and I have noticed there to be several inches of water in the bilge at the end of the day and the bilge pump was not pumping it, so I started looking around and found the bilge pump to be at the very back of the boat by the motor and not in the center where all the water drains. Im assuming because of this its fairly normal to have a good bit in the bilge before it will start pumping? And why in the world would they not put the pump at the low point?
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM
uplandbird uplandbird is offline
MC Fanatic
Join Date: Aug 2014
Boat: 2014 X25 6.0L, Gen 2
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 601
Im guessing its because there is always some expected water back there and they didn't want the bilge to run full time. But I don't know for sure. My X25 always has water back there too.
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM
88 PS190 88 PS190 is offline
MC Maniac
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,733
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Its sort of a mixed bag - if you mount the bilge forwards where it would pump most water at idle then the water won't be there when on plane it will flow back. and be away from the pump. I've been debating either moving my pump to the rear or installing a second pump in the rear of the boat for this exact reason.

Most of the pumps won't "prime" and pull less than 1/4-1/2" of water - if you want a pump that will it needs to be a much more $ diaphragm type pump - these are often more remotely mounted with a pick up tube that can be put down in the bilge. The regular pumps will also back wash when they shut down and fill the bilge again.
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM
Keith2230's Avatar
Keith2230 Keith2230 is offline
MC Devotee
Join Date: Feb 2015
Boat: 2006 X-30 MCX
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,019
Most of the MC's I've seen have two. One amidships next to the center drain plug and one next to the motor. I don't see any reason you couldn't add one if you only have the one.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 AM.