Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-26-2017, 10:36 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
4 days, 1800 miles, a gold wing, some great times and even better people.

So this last week I took a couple days off and went on a little road trip. I decided to take the gold wing last minute as my joining party was no longer joining and I was going alone. Hey 40mpg beats 12 all day!

Here's where I stopped for the night mileage wise

I left Wednesday after work about 4:30 and drove into the night to get to Vonore Tn home of Mastercraft boats. I rode straight through and got in about 2:30 am to find the one hotel in town doesn't accept anyone after 11pm. So I called a place in madisonville and got me a room for the night. I crashed in bed about 3:30-4am range. At 8:00 I was wide awake and couldn't force myself even a small nap, so I got around and headed to breakfast. After breakfast and getting some glass cleaner to get the bugs off the windshield I headed to meet up with Max at the factory. I was a few minutes early but Max pulled in right behind me and we started his day as he normally does. Answered email, a few phone messages and said hey to pretty much all the employees in the office.

Next we started the tour, now I've been to mc before but never when production was running. About 500 employees working magic all day, was freaking awesome.

I was allowed to take a few photos and even got to see a certain pros new x star being built. Triple black is going to be super sexy! Pics do size zero justice on these boats. Wow

Walking down the main assembly line checking out things Max pointed out that I would have never seen was pretty damn cool. I should probably mention that me and Max go way back and I got a little more of a special treatment than most folks. Although the people in the factory don't know this and still treated me like royalty.

One older gentleman hand assembles every single dash fully. He was super proud of what he does and man does he do it well.

Man the new dash is killer

The black cool feel is the real deal and I can't wait to order some for myself.

Got towers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-26-2017, 10:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star
Anymore?

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2017 Audi S3 Technik Ara Blue Crystal Effect with Advanced Handling package
Old 09-26-2017, 10:48 PM
MC Addict

So here's the post everyone wants to really see.

I just happened to catch one of the two new x stars coming back through before it went to the throwdown event. It was getting some maintance and a detail later in the day. Yes it's dirty in the interior but this thing had almost 100 hours on it already and it's been all over the country.

First off wow it's huge!

Second off wow I want one.

Here's a few pics of it. I didn't take to many as I was drooling to much

I love the new pop up cleats, the blend so well with the lines and honestly if you can't see the big *** mastercraft on the side of the boat you don't won't see the mastercraft on the cleats so who cares if it has it engraved or not. A new x star doesn't need mastercraft labeled on it 26 times. Once is enough because it speaks volumes.

I feel the interior is bigger than an x23, this thing had been sitting in 95 degree heat all day and when I got in it I never once was like crap that interior is hot. The cool feel really works.

The new dash is absolute money. So so easy to use, can see it in direct light with sunglasses on, everything is touch screen and as simple to use as a smart phone.

Something really awesome I'm not sure if is actually known to the public yet (and Max you can remove it if you don't want it known yet). The new screen has tutorial videos programmed in, just select menu, tutorials, and click which one you want to see. Also the blower is fully automated and turns on and timers off with the key cycle, which I love.

Storage is insane on this boat and the new ballast system is the coolest I've seen. And the stringer system wow. I think that's all I can say is wow. It's a tank.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:51 PM
MC Addict

So after I hung out with Max and he gave me some awesome 40th anniversary goodies (he even had a backpack in storage we found) I went on my way.

Oh and we stopped and fixed the bricks at the sign after lunch. Max took some pics of me fixing them for you guys.

A placard he had in his desk he gave me.

Then I just went on my way to pigeon forge and got checked into my cabin I had rented for the weekend.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:59 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, 214, 2008
nice!
Old 09-26-2017, 11:14 PM
MC Addict

Friday I got around and while eating breakfast I get a pic from dearybury in the group text I'm In with him, Aric,and David. He's fueling up his x star 😳 so I'm about 2 hours from one of my best friends who I havnt seen in over a year so what do I do? Figure out how to get on his boat.

Turns out it was a board meeting with a few of the best riders I've ever had the pleasure of being in the boat with.

We met on this little lake and I Got there first and just chilled a while watching riders come and go just slicing up the butter that was there to offer.

Man I missed this boat.

We waited for the last of our group to show up and get his demo done, hey he was working and ended up selling the boat so I'm not in a hurry.

After a quick surf session to warm up we headed to the honey hole. Just a quick rundown of this lake. First off it's some of the best water I've ever seen and bill says just wait this water is nothing like where we are going. Second how does it get better!?

We maneuvered through about a 3/4' deep sandbar area and into the river area of the lake. Wow bill was right it got better. There's 12 miles of rideable water here and every inch of it looked like this.

Bill was the first to gear up and ride. Man has he progressed since last time I watched him ride. So smooth in every aspect of his riding.

Here's a mid 3 still I got

Next up was crommie, dude hasn't been on a wakeboard in over a year. He got out on bills board (which by the way the byrely ar2 rides like money). First 30 sec of riding the guy throws the cleanest backroll I've ever witnessed, then a toe 3 to back it back up. I only got one pic of him riding because I was so blown Away about how smooth this guy is riding!

Next up is the youngest of our group and I call him tron because he rides in the most bad *** helmet. If you don't know tanners story it's one to find. Dude went from near death to shredding like a pro. I can't remember exactly what happened but maybe bill will chime in and enlighten y'all.

I only got one terrible pic of him setting up To ride

Dude threw down. Some of the highest wake jumps I've seen. Throwing super clean tricks. A couple 5s some grabbed rolls. Mesmerized watching this kid ride. 19 years old and killing it.

I rode terribly (as always haha) but everyone was willing to help with my riding. I've been on my wakeboard for a total of maybe 30 minutes this year so after about 10 minutes and a few failed wake jumps I called it a day and let bill ride the sunset in.

He had never attempted a krypt until that day and landed one third try. Absolute money too.

We got some epic water. Hands down the best conditions I've ever rode in.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:18 PM
MC Addict

I spent the rest of the weekend recovering and prepping for my 9 hour ride home Sunday. Saturday afternoon I rode in a helicopter for the first time and got some amazing sunset pictures of the smokey mountains

Not sure if this will load right or not but wow

Old 09-26-2017, 11:52 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Thanks for sharing the road trip stories and pics. Even on the Gold Wing, that's a ton of solo miles on a bike. The Xstar is a bonus.

Aric would likely overpay you for your 40th if you threw in the backpack, which may help finance your new 50th Star.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:54 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
Thanks for sharing the road trip stories and pics. Even on the Gold Wing, that's a ton of solo miles on a bike. The Xstar is a bonus.

Aric would likely overpay you for your 40th if you threw in the backpack, which may help finance your new 50th Star.
My 40th backpack and luggage had about 30k miles on them lol... Aric can gladly over pay for my 40th too...

Crussell- Great little trip you had! I want that plaque

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2017 Audi S3 Technik Ara Blue Crystal Effect with Advanced Handling package
Old 09-27-2017, 08:23 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Awesome story and pictures ... looks like a heck of a trip

And I just love my 40th luggage ... its great