Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 04-03-2014, 03:19 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1996
Thumbs up 1996 Mastercraft Prostar 205. Looks new.

Selling my babied 1996 Prostar 205. It's green/white. Only 447 hours (only 24 hours/year on average.) Beauty. Kept inside garage, works like a champ, 2 year old marine grade UV resistant Sony stereo with weather cover and four high quality Sony Xplod speakers for rocking sound, waterski mirror, battery switch, Straightline Launch Pad weight system for wake boarding, nice teak swim platform, bimini top, tandem trailer with custom chrome wheels and 2 year old tires/brakes/turf on runner boards/new boat buddy and new receiver (that works much nicer than the stock surge-break one), detatchable tongue, matching spare wheel/tire, Mastercraft boat cover with logo across windshield and two support bars to keep water from pooling. I have taken great care of this boat and planned on keeping it forever which is why if anything ever failed I replaced with the best available parts. I am half reluctantly buying a newer boat as a relative is getting rid of one I feel I "can't pass up." Kids don't want me to sell this 205 as they love it too with many great memories. It's so fast out of the hole you have to get people up less than half throttle or it will rip the rope out of a grown man's hands. Makes me sick to get rid of it so buy it now before I change my mind . A steal at $14,500.

If you want more photos, you can see them on my Google drive folder here (just click or copy/paste the link):
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...2M&usp=sharing

I took 81 photos not knowing there was a 10 photo limit per thread. I wanted to show pictures of every nook and cranny to rival even the best colonoscopy. I figure if it was me buying a boat TMI wouldn't apply. I took close-ups of the carpet which looks practically new, the cushions' seams (the captain and passenger seats are newly upholstered and match perfectly--the others should last another 10 years++.) The upholstery is in great shape aside from one small tear on the engine cover top but you can see that in the Google drive photos as I have my finger in the photo pointing it out. I also took a photo of the back seat support system I designed out of 1" PVC. For those that know the design flaw of the back seat that the 205 has knows the situation. I bought a new aluminum support rod (that the newer models started using but not the 205) which wasn't sufficient. So I designed my system after consulting with two dealers and an upholstery shop that came up empty. My PVC system still allow for storage and simple removal of the back seat. The back seat is now so strong you could even have your mother-in-law sit on it. I'm quite proud of it so much so I'd say they are ingenious . Took me 3 hours to build them so precise. I'm an orthodontist and deal in millimeters all day. Close isn't good enough compared to perfect.

Call 2zero8-7two4-6nine24 or reply to this post. I'm in Nampa, Idaho. Willing to drive for a day to drop off to help with distant pick ups.
If you want more photos, you can see them on my Google drive folder here (just click or copy/paste the link):
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...2M&usp=sharing

I took 81 photos not knowing there was a 10 photo limit per thread. I wanted to show pictures of every nook and cranny to rival even the best colonoscopy. I figure if it was me buying a boat TMI wouldn't apply. I took close-ups of the carpet which looks practically new, the cushions' seams (the captain and passenger seats are newly upholstered and match perfectly--the others should last another 10 years++.) The upholstery is in great shape aside from one small tear on the engine cover top but you can see that in the Google drive photos as I have my finger in the photo pointing it out. I also took a photo of the back seat support system I designed out of 1" PVC. For those that know the design flaw of the back seat that the 205 has knows the situation. I bought a new aluminum support rod (that the newer models started using but not the 205) which wasn't sufficient. So I designed my system after consulting with two dealers and an upholstery shop that came up empty. My PVC system still allow for storage and simple removal of the back seat. The back seat is now so strong you could even have your fat in-laws on it--all at once! I'm quite proud of it so much so I'd say they are ingenious . Took me 3 hours to build them because they're so precise. I'm an orthodontist and deal in millimeters all day. Close just isn't good enough compared to perfect.

Call 2zero8-7two4-6nine24 or reply to this post. I'm in Boise, Idaho. Willing to drive for a day to drop off to help with distant pick ups. I also have a retired brother that will transport it anywhere in the US and Canada with my rig for the cost of minimal food/gas/Motel 6.
Attached Images

Last edited by dardds; 04-23-2014 at 09:30 PM. Reason: reduced price $1000
Old 04-03-2014, 03:24 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Great looking boat at a fair price. Should move quickly. You can put 10 pics per post so post away! Good luck with the sale

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 04-03-2014, 04:47 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
...Should move quickly.
Jinxed.....

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 04-03-2014, 04:57 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Jinxed.....

LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

Old 04-03-2014, 04:58 PM
TT Newbie

huh ?
Old 04-03-2014, 04:59 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardds View Post
huh ?
Cloaked was just saying I shouldn't have said your boat will sell quickly.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:21 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
Nice boat...would be great starter boat for someone

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
---Animal house
Old 04-03-2014, 06:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 Mastercraft 190 blue flake S&S, LT1 & 1990 190 351W (current project)
Looks very nice! Wish I had room for 3!
GLWS

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.”
Old 04-03-2014, 07:32 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Great looking boat!

Glad you were able to get the pictures uploaded!

Just wanted to clarify that the motor in your picture is not an LT1 as your information says in your profile...
Old 04-03-2014, 09:16 PM
TT Newbie

Thanks for the LTI info. I corrected that. I'm not mechanically inclined and don't know what that means or why I have that on my profile. What engine do I have?

Tags
1996, 205, mastercraft, open bow, prostar