Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-29-2014, 05:48 PM
'82S&Sgal's Avatar
'82S&Sgal '82S&Sgal is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Boat: Mastercraft 1982 Stars and Stripes
Location: Southeast
Posts: 19
Question Please help me price my boat reasonably

I'm considering selling my 1982 Stars and Stripes Mastercraft boat and I'm not sure what a fair price for it would be. The interior was redone about 5 years ago as well as a paint job on the exterior. It is not flawless, but still looks good. I also have a 2005 Mastercraft trailer for the boat. There are about 1180 hours on the boat. (I honesty don't know the exact number, but it's around this number.) I haven't used this boat in two years but it was so much fun when I did use it. Can you help me price it? Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-29-2014, 05:59 PM
j.mccreight@hotmail.com's Avatar
j.mccreight@hotmail.com j.mccreight@hotmail.com is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by '82S&Sgal View Post
I'm considering selling my 1982 Stars and Stripes Mastercraft boat and I'm not sure what a fair price for it would be. The interior was redone about 5 years ago as well as a paint job on the exterior. It is not flawless, but still looks good. I also have a 2005 Mastercraft trailer for the boat. There are about 1180 hours on the boat. (I honesty don't know the exact number, but it's around this number.) I haven't used this boat in two years but it was so much fun when I did use it. Can you help me price it? Thanks so much.
without knowing what options are on this vessel, NADA is $5220 for average condition. $5500 for a quick sale all the way to $7500 if you hold out for "the right buyer".
__________________
James

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Cloaked Cloaked is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: MasterCraft
Location: Kingston,TN USA
Posts: 4,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by '82S&Sgal View Post
........... as well as a paint job on the exterior..........
You painted the hull? I know what this says, but if it is painted that becomes a detriment to some buyers.

An 82 with 1200 hours and a painted hull... $4000 tops ............

A few photos of the merchandise??? Trailer may or may not fit the hull.... 2005 VS 1982.

.
__________________
93 190
.
Don't be a boot licker
.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8



Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-29-2014, 06:59 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,648
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
a paint job will really decrease the value.... $4K might be on the high side - let's get some more input.
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-29-2014, 07:16 PM
'82S&Sgal's Avatar
'82S&Sgal '82S&Sgal is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Boat: Mastercraft 1982 Stars and Stripes
Location: Southeast
Posts: 19
Thank you, James for your response! Those numbers are quite varying! I want this boat to have a good home, but I don't want to get ripped off either! The boat is pretty much stock. I do have the original ski pole that came with the boat and extra vinyl Mastercraft letters that were applied to the exterior of the boat. I've also replaced the steering wheel. but I'm sure that doesn't add much value. I have a lot to consider.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-29-2014, 07:32 PM
'82S&Sgal's Avatar
'82S&Sgal '82S&Sgal is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Boat: Mastercraft 1982 Stars and Stripes
Location: Southeast
Posts: 19
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-29-2014, 07:34 PM
'82S&Sgal's Avatar
'82S&Sgal '82S&Sgal is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Boat: Mastercraft 1982 Stars and Stripes
Location: Southeast
Posts: 19
https://picasaweb.google.com/1090906...06/March292014
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-29-2014, 07:36 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,648
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
photos not showing.
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Cloaked Cloaked is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: MasterCraft
Location: Kingston,TN USA
Posts: 4,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by '82S&Sgal View Post
Thank you, James for your response! Those numbers are quite varying! I want this boat to have a good home, but I don't want to get ripped off either! The boat is pretty much stock. I do have the original ski pole that came with the boat and extra vinyl Mastercraft letters that were applied to the exterior of the boat. I've also replaced the steering wheel. but I'm sure that doesn't add much value. I have a lot to consider.
you're welcome......

did you paint the boat or not?

Your link is dead.....

.
__________________
93 190
.
Don't be a boot licker
.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8



Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-29-2014, 07:40 PM
'82S&Sgal's Avatar
'82S&Sgal '82S&Sgal is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Boat: Mastercraft 1982 Stars and Stripes
Location: Southeast
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
photos not showing.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1090906...06/March292014
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
'82 stars & stripes, mastercraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 AM.