Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 11-28-2013, 02:12 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 X-5
Converting rear seat to sun deck? (2000 X-5)

So I just bought an X-5 and have to do some work on the vinyl. The rear seat and rear deck are pulling very badly. I have a friend who does upholstery and I'm thinking while he's at it, why not create some bolster or rail that can lift the rear seat up level with the rear deck?

I've seen it on X-7's and 197's and my seat fits perfectly up top exactly the same way, but there is no way to "mount" it. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Is the side panel strong enough to just bolt into?
Old 12-11-2013, 11:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Got any pics for reference? Is the seat supported in the middle when in the lower seated position? I would not think that the substrates for the side panel would be strong enough. The brackets that hold them on are not really made for that kind of weight either. I seem to remember someone doing this with an older Tristar as well, but can't remember how they ended up doing it. I also think some of the late 90s Prostars had this built into their design, but if you put any weight on it, the seat would bow in the middle. I read that one guy put a piece of U channel under the seat and that gave it all the support it needs. Perhaps you could reference some of those boats and work that into your design if you are planning on doing some modifications to the upholstery.

Last edited by CC2MC; 12-11-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:11 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-9 2002
Our X9 has this feature. It has two bluster arm rests on the sides to support the seat. Works we'll. it also has two bungy cords that hold the seat it position when raised
Old 03-26-2014, 11:05 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 X-5
Is there a centre support at all here?