Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-22-2014, 08:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X15
Put my boat in the water and found a few issues HELP!

So first off I want to say I am amazed by how well this boat drives and handles. Not a drop of water came into the boat. She went 42 miles an hour with no problem, the new OJ 14.75x15.5 prop drives like a champ.

Have a few more pictures will upload soon.
Now for the bad part...

My perfect pass works, I hear it when I push the buttons and when it's on it slows down my boat. The screen however does not, does anybody know how to fix this?

Front bilge shows it's on, but does not pump water out.
Aft bilge won't even turn on.

Yes, there was water in it, my brothers 05 X30 gets no water in it, yet my other brother has an 06 X30 and water does build up inside.
Is this just an 06 thing? Or is there something wrong? He thinks he has a leak somewhere but I doubt that.

When I put the volume up past 20 half of the speakers cut in and out...
I'm thinking it's because there is only one battery and two powerful amplifiers? Need to install Perko switch (already purchased it just don't know how to wire it up)

Other than that, boat is amazing I am beyond happy with my purchase and very happy about listening to you guys on here and buying an X2/200SS. So thanks guys, just need some help figuring these problems out?

Don't mind the guy in the picture lol that's my friend on another friends boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2014, 08:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Sometimes the bilge hose gets clogged up. I put the garden hose to the pump outlet and backflush it. Of course make sure the pump is turning on before bothering to do this.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-22-2014, 08:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X2
I had the same problem with my PP screen. Perfect Pass admit that year was a poor design with the screen and they will gladly sell you another screen and a new chip for the computer(so the display is not upside down). I did mine last season and if solved that problem.

Sounds like your bilge pumps are burnt up, or stopped up with gunk after sitting. My front one didn't work when I bought my boat and the rear one died last season too, so I just replaced them both.

I can't help with the amp/speakers question, I font know anything about that stuff.

Your boat looks awesome with that flake!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane D View Post
I had the same problem with my PP screen. Perfect Pass admit that year was a poor design with the screen and they will gladly sell you another screen and a new chip for the computer(so the display is not upside down). I did mine last season and if solved that problem.

Sounds like your bilge pumps are burnt up, or stopped up with gunk after sitting. My front one didn't work when I bought my boat and the rear one died last season too, so I just replaced them both.

I can't help with the amp/speakers question, I font know anything about that stuff.

Your boat looks awesome with that flake!

Wish the flake would be visible in the pictures! On the water it's something else man I love it!

I will most likely replace both pumps and clear the hoses but how much does the Perfect Pass screen and computer run?

Old 03-22-2014, 08:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft 1985 PowerSlot 351 Ford
When my PP is exposed to rain, it won't display. It comes back on when it dries out.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevkan View Post
When my PP is exposed to rain, it won't display. It comes back on when it dries out.

Could be true, cuz if I'm not mistaken I remember it working when I bought the boat.
How long does it usually take?

Old 03-22-2014, 09:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevkan View Post
Thus is what mine was doing exactly. I got tired of it not working after a rain so I replaced. I think it was just short of $300 but I would have to check to be sure.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:42 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by elislife View Post
Wish the flake would be visible in the pictures! On the water it's something else man I love it!

I will most likely replace both pumps and clear the hoses but how much does the Perfect Pass screen and computer run?

Flake is very difficult to capture well. You need to have the sun behind you and have just the right angle. Best to practice while it is in your driveway and learn the angles.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-22-2014, 09:56 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
My PP screen will take a while to come back on as well if I leave the boat out for a night and its humid, and causes condensation. Usually takes a couple hours of the sun beating on it and it comes back to life. Only happens in high humidity situations though.

Regarding your bilge pumps, can you hear the turn on at all? Have you checked fuses? You should be able to hear those run... try turning them on when your boat is sitting on the trailer, you'll hear them if they're working.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
My PP screen will take a while to come back on as well if I leave the boat out for a night and its humid, and causes condensation. Usually takes a couple hours of the sun beating on it and it comes back to life. Only happens in high humidity situations though.

Regarding your bilge pumps, can you hear the turn on at all? Have you checked fuses? You should be able to hear those run... try turning them on when your boat is sitting on the trailer, you'll hear them if they're working.

So the front one turns on I hear it and the switch lights up... The rear one doesn't turn on and the light doesn't either I'm assuming that ones a fuse.