Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2005, 02:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: "05",MC,X9,MCX350,Pro tour red
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
Man, I can't believe it blanked out h0mo???

/reference was to a Ween song.
I'm lost what's a ween song?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:09 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft/ Sporstar/ 1999/LT1
Quick Story

The other day we were out wakeboarding and a guy had just put his air natique in the water for the first time (he bought it that day) the thing ran for like 2 minutes and died. So when we towed him back to the boat ramp I claimed his Natiques Only sticker off his Escalade
Old 11-08-2005, 04:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
I put the small "Team MasterCraft" sticker on the rear window of my truck. I certainly didn't do it to be a snob; most folks don't even know what a MasterCraft is. I did it primarily for recognition from other MC owners, and because I'm proud of the MC. Obviously if I'm towing it there's no need for the decal, but it's for when I'm not towing it, just as a reminder.

I also put a small American flag on the other side, but I guess that's unnecessary too, since I'm obviously an American?

What I don't understand is why people leave the stickers/plaque/license frame from the car dealer on the back of their vehicle? Unless they're paying me to endorse their dealership, that thing's coming off as soon as I get home. I especially don't understand why they leave the sticker from a different brand on there (i.e., a "Bob's Nissan" sticker or license plate frame on their Toyota). This just points out the fact that you bought it used, not that there's anything wrong with that (in fact it's usually a better idea), but it just looks weird.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205, 275hp EFI -- Original Owner
Old 11-08-2005, 04:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
I'll bet that Harley makes about as much money from their merchandise as they do from selling motorcycles. Practically every person I know that owns a Harley almost always wears something with "H-D" written on it.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205, 275hp EFI -- Original Owner
Old 11-08-2005, 04:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Prostat 205, 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by captkidd
What I don't understand is why people leave the stickers/plaque/license frame from the car dealer on the back of their vehicle? Unless they're paying me to endorse their dealership, that thing's coming off as soon as I get home. I especially don't understand why they leave the sticker from a different brand on there (i.e., a "Bob's Nissan" sticker or license plate frame on their Toyota). This just points out the fact that you bought it used, not that there's anything wrong with that (in fact it's usually a better idea), but it just looks weird.
I did this once with a Mistsubishi that I bought at a Toyota Dealer. I left the front toyota dealer plate on because it perfectly covered up a dent in the front bumper. I took it off once, and the dent became very obvious and ugly. On my current car, the dealer stickers didn't last 5 minutes in my driveway.

1994 Prostar 205
1999 Prostar 205V
Old 11-08-2005, 04:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: "05",MC,X9,MCX350,Pro tour red
Quote:
I put the small "Team MasterCraft" sticker on the rear window of my truck. I certainly didn't do it to be a snob; most folks don't even know what a MasterCraft is. I did it primarily for recognition from other MC owners, and because I'm proud of the MC. Obviously if I'm towing it there's no need for the decal, but it's for when I'm not towing it, just as a reminder.

I also put a small American flag on the other side, but I guess that's unnecessary too, since I'm obviously an American?

I keep my license plate cover on, because I do promote the local chevy dealership, and it is cool to see where people are from when you are driving! Now on the other hand keeping other dealerships on the car like you said driving a geo metro(not to out down a metro) with a Mercedes benz dealership on it bothers me! When I buy a used car I change them right away!
Old 11-08-2005, 05:25 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Quote:
I'll bet that Harley makes about as much money from their merchandise as they do from selling motorcycles. Practically every person I know that owns a Harley almost always wears something with "H-D" written on it.
I think you are right
if I remember right, jesse james made more off his merchandising of the wcc branded everything in 04 than he did off any work
Old 11-08-2005, 09:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 PS205/1999 Manitou 24' party barge
Quote:

I hate those dealer stickers! Last 3 cars I've bought I asked the dealer to remove prior to delivery.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 PS205/1999 Manitou 24' party barge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstine04
The other day we were out wakeboarding and a guy had just put his air natique in the water for the first time (he bought it that day) the thing ran for like 2 minutes and died. So when we towed him back to the boat ramp I claimed his Natiques Only sticker off his Escalade
Nice and welcome!
Old 11-08-2005, 10:14 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: What ever floats your.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstine04
Nice, and welcome to the board...........

Tags
decals towing truck suv