Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-08-2014, 05:31 AM
Thaiwake Thaiwake is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Boat: Mastercraft X Star 2004, Indmar MCX 5.7L
Location: Southeast
Posts: 20
Medallion MMDC

Hi guys,

Got gauge problems on my 2004 X Star, the gauges flicker and twitch when I turn the key but none of them rise. Checked the connections and fuses and they are all good. I unplugged each gauge and still had no luck, took a voltage reading on the wire harness and got normal levels at each of the pins. The only thing I can think of is that the MMDC box is not working, but not sure what else I can test.

I saw on ebay that there are some boxes available for around $140. I asked Mastercraft for a replacement and they quoted me $780. Why is it so expensive? Is there anywhere else I can find one, I have searched the net but no luck, only different model numbers.

There is a sticker on the box with this number: MMDC 7018-00001-01 02-04 paddle wheel.

Can I use a different MMDC box that is compatible with my boat?? Contacted Ski dim and they don't stock the part, they have to get it from Mastercraft at their silly price. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-08-2014, 06:29 AM
93Prostar190's Avatar
93Prostar190 93Prostar190 is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
Location: Central OH
Posts: 1,497
Sometimes you can find that on Great Lakes skipper on the web.
__________________
Keep a tight line, and a smile on your face. Peace out.
2008 Prostar 214 MCX
Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Thaiwake Thaiwake is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Boat: Mastercraft X Star 2004, Indmar MCX 5.7L
Location: Southeast
Posts: 20
Yeah had a look there already, can't find the same one that's on my boat. Great lakes skipper has the other ones for around $150, can't understand why Mastercraft want so much for this one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:49 AM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,639
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaiwake View Post
Yeah had a look there already, can't find the same one that's on my boat. Great lakes skipper has the other ones for around $150, can't understand why Mastercraft want so much for this one.
Did you ask Mastercraft Corporate or a Dealer.
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:53 AM
Thaiwake Thaiwake is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Boat: Mastercraft X Star 2004, Indmar MCX 5.7L
Location: Southeast
Posts: 20
It was actually Skidim that asked Mastercraft so not sure if it was a dealer or not.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-08-2014, 10:04 AM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,639
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
SKIDIM - great for parts - not the best for an MMDC - many threads here with people replacing MMDC. As previously mention Great Lakes Skipper, Ebay, Bakes Online, or try http://www.medallionis.com/Support_Downloads_3.html to get a part number. Bakes has a similar probably not correct one for $290.
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Bruce-ActionWater's Avatar
Bruce-ActionWater Bruce-ActionWater is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Boat: 1984 MasterCraft S&S
Location: Midwest
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaiwake View Post
Hi guys,

Got gauge problems on my 2004 X Star, the gauges flicker and twitch when I turn the key but none of them rise. Checked the connections and fuses and they are all good. I unplugged each gauge and still had no luck, took a voltage reading on the wire harness and got normal levels at each of the pins. The only thing I can think of is that the MMDC box is not working, but not sure what else I can test.

I saw on ebay that there are some boxes available for around $140. I asked Mastercraft for a replacement and they quoted me $780. Why is it so expensive? Is there anywhere else I can find one, I have searched the net but no luck, only different model numbers.

There is a sticker on the box with this number: MMDC 7018-00001-01 02-04 paddle wheel.

Can I use a different MMDC box that is compatible with my boat?? Contacted Ski dim and they don't stock the part, they have to get it from Mastercraft at their silly price. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I have them in stock for $403.99. You can not use a different box.
__________________
Bruce Jesionowski
Action Water Sports - Fenton
810-629-1342
brucej@actionwater.com

1984 MasterCraft Stars&Stripes. Fully restored.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-08-2014, 01:34 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,639
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce-ActionWater View Post
I have them in stock for $403.99. You can not use a different box.
You just have all the answers don't you Bruce?
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-09-2014, 12:25 AM
Thaiwake Thaiwake is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Boat: Mastercraft X Star 2004, Indmar MCX 5.7L
Location: Southeast
Posts: 20
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll shop around and see what I can find, otherwise will get the $400 one of you Bruce.

Bruce do you ship to Thailand??
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Thaiwake Thaiwake is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Boat: Mastercraft X Star 2004, Indmar MCX 5.7L
Location: Southeast
Posts: 20
Just to make sure before I spend the money on the part. Is there anything else I can do to make sure it is the MDC that has blown? Does the problem I describe sound like it is the MDC? If that is the problem then Bruce your deal looks like the best one out there so let me know how to procede.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gauges, mdc, medallion, mmdc

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 AM.