Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-05-2014, 08:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Yeah we should probably stop bashing the Doo's. Even though the color choices are clearly from a design team that is from the 1990's. Its just color, and most dealers will allow a snowcheck free wrap (the wraps aren't all that great for this year either)

Their summit X 173" just blows me away. I've ridden 162, 153 etc and found no problem with riding. 173 sounds like crazy overkill, I know its 16#'s lighter than last years summit, but that is just so long. I would imagine that making handling harder rather than easier.

DatDude, please come back to this thread and let us know what your thoughts are compared to your 09 next season.

Polaris clearly dominated stock hillclimb/mountain arena. Winning 22 or 23 out of 26 (stock class) hillclimb competitions last year.

I'm super excited to be getting this new Pro X at a price point similar to new model 2013's I was looking at just a couple months ago.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: changes every month
I rode the doo 162 and loved it just saying lol .. Don't hate me

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394071585.678853.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  60.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2014, 07:11 PM
MC Devotee

I'm going to the dealer this sunday to snowcheck the new Pro X.

And this is what I did to my current Pro X2 (2004) recently. And here it is getting a new friggin belly pan.

They gave me a lot of money on insurance for it. Enough to complete the projects on the boat and rebuild this sled.

It will be kind of cool to have the last pro X since 2004 and the 2015 both.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2014, 09:29 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
UP Backpack Trip March 2014

Finally got around to taking our backpack trip in the UP. We drove up on Sunday night into St.Ignace and began our ride on Monday morning riding to Munising. Tuesday we rode from Munising to Paradise along the lakeshore trail (trail 8) all along Lake Superior and I have to say it was one of the most scenic rides I have ever taken. Our final day was a bit challenging as we rode from Paradise back to the trailer in St.Ignace in negative temps with quite a few sled issues. My wides sled, a 2010 Ski Doo MXZ600 TNT overheated several times and then blew the fuse that controlled the dash, heated shield plug and heated hand grips. So, I rode the sled back putting her on my 800, but had no way of knowing if the sled was overheating.....fortunately it did not blow up! Got everything back on the trailer eventualy and replaced the fuse when I got home and ran it for about 40 minutes without issue, so I am somewhat dumbfounded as to what caused it to blow. At the same time, since my 800 was running in the exact same conditions, I am wondering why her 600 kept overheating, could it be a bad sensor? Any thoughts?

Well, here are a few pics from the trip!
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2014, 09:53 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
I doubt the fuse had anything to do with your overheating. Check the wiring of your heated shield or 12volt plug that you are using.

On the overheating. First the skidoo protects customers from overheating by going into a limp mode so I wouldn't worry about any damage. The snow is weird this time of year with warming and freezing which gives less snow for your tunnel cooling. Also, women are easier on the throttle and have less track spin during a ride which also leads to less snow/cooing. If you go out during these conditions I would try running ice scratchers.
https://www.snowmobile.com/products/...snow-1086.html

Get the tunnel ones.

Eric
Old 03-15-2014, 10:18 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by epnault View Post
I doubt the fuse had anything to do with your overheating. Check the wiring of your heated shield or 12volt plug that you are using.

On the overheating. First the skidoo protects customers from overheating by going into a limp mode so I wouldn't worry about any damage. The snow is weird this time of year with warming and freezing which gives less snow for your tunnel cooling. Also, women are easier on the throttle and have less track spin during a ride which also leads to less snow/cooing. If you go out during these conditions I would try running ice scratchers.
https://www.snowmobile.com/products/...snow-1086.html

Get the tunnel ones.

Eric

Very well could be exactly what Eric just said. She may have been riding too slow

But in seriousness, check your voltage regulator out, My buddies 2010 had the same issues minus the overheat. They could very well be unrelated issues.

Glad you had a good trip though.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:53 PM
MC Devotee

Thanks guys, I will check out your suggestions.
I am fortunate in that my wife is a throttle junkie so our average trail speed is generally 40mph and she hit the triple digit mark on this past trip on a nice open straight away! (Yeah, it was a proud moment!)

OK, so here is a question regarding my 2008 MXZX800r. At the beginning of last season I put in a new gel cell battery and for some reason it has gone completely dead on me on 2 seperate occassions. The first time was after several weeks of periodic use around the house and after it had been started probably 50 times. The second time was on this trip, where I must have started it again around 50 times over the course of the first 2 days of riding and had no issues. When I came out to start it on the last day when it was 3 degree's, the battery was dead and never did charge up at all throughout the ride back.
In both instances, it seemed like the battery was fine one day and then after a nice cold night, it was dead the next but I would have thought that the charging system would of brought it back to life after a 100 mile ride.

So, any ideas?
Old 03-15-2014, 04:44 PM
MC Devotee

Don't leave the key on?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2014, 05:03 PM
MC Devotee

Wish it was that simple! DESS key was off the sled on both occasions to avoid any possible theft.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:20 PM
MC Devotee

I only mentioned it because my buddy is nuts about leaving the key in the on position. He says it ruins the battery fast.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk