Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-13-2012, 11:31 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Indeed it is. Went with a friend to look at a used Polaris last night. Ran it down the road a time or two. The fever has it's grip on me.

Tandem Axle Trailer Special $699
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 12-14-2012, 05:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
I am ready! My sleds never laft the garage last season and the plow was only used a few times so I am hoping for a better season like most people who take on these winter hobbies!
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2012, 05:54 AM
MC Devotee

Now I am excited for the season so even with building a house I had to go back and look at a few pics from the 2011 season.......the last time we had rideable snow!
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2012, 05:56 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Jski

Where do you sled in OH? You trek North to a great lakes snowband somewhere? Used to see OH and IN plates in Munising lots but not so much anymore.

My buddy got to use my new meyer v plow once last year....i was traveling. Put 1200 mi on my sled and my wife 700 on hers.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 12-14-2012, 07:24 AM
MC Devotee

Unless you own a "ditch-banger", at least in our area, most people don't even bother riding in Ohio. When we get a big snowfall you will see the guys running around the roads, etc.. and while it looks like fun, I am typically in a truck pushing the white stuff at that point as opposed to playing in it and I value my machines a bit more than that!
We pretty much have to go to the Chautauqua, NY region (2 hour haul) or to the Lower MI region (4-5 hour haul) for the closest good trail riding. We try to make it to the central UP area, around Newberry (8 hour haul across the Mac Bridge), at least once a year, as they really have the best riding conditions up there. Never made it over to Munising for some reason but if the weather permits this year we plan to make a backpack ride dropping in just over the bridge in St.Ignace and making a 3 day loop to include Munising.

As for the plow, did you go with the Meyer Super V2 with the flared wings or the smaller version with the straight-cut wings? Which controller are you using, pistol grip or joystick? Hope you get to use it this year, I know that mine was great the little it got used last season. I have both controllers but found the joystick is far better for me than the pistol grip. I had the pistol grip on my previous plow for 3 seasons and thought it would be tough to switch over but it was very simple and really works well with the various V configurations.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Prostar 190 (sold), 2003 Prostar 197 Tournament Team LQ9
I shoot up to our cabin in Manitowish Waters WI, and a trip to Houghton/Hancock MI each year... Hoping to get towards the Tetons next year...probably drag my sled for some trail rides and then rent a powder hog for some back country playing (hopefully a Doo Freeride 154"...soooooooo sick)

my sled: 2009 Renegade X 800, blacked out, 10inch riser, ripsaw paddle
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2012, 03:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Prostar 190 (sold), 2003 Prostar 197 Tournament Team LQ9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Now I am excited for the season so even with building a house I had to go back and look at a few pics from the 2011 season.......the last time we had rideable snow!
oh man, i haven't had snow that good in a few years. that looks dreamy
Old 12-18-2012, 12:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 05 X45
2011 Polaris Pro RMK and 2013 Skidoo Summit XM.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2012, 04:29 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
As for the plow, did you go with the Meyer Super V2 with the flared wings or the smaller version with the straight-cut wings? Which controller are you using, pistol grip or joystick? Hope you get to use it this year, I know that mine was great the little it got used last season. I have both controllers but found the joystick is far better for me than the pistol grip. I had the pistol grip on my previous plow for 3 seasons and thought it would be tough to switch over but it was very simple and really works well with the various V configurations.
Running a 1/2 ton pickup so its a Super V LD 8ft (straight cut wings). Have always used pistol grips...previous Western Pro had pistol grip too. Usually pushing in straight blade mode with an angle and stacking with V inward, only V outward on initial pass in really deep snow so tend to either alternate with angle buttons or V buttons.

Tell me more about the joystick features and how you plow/why you like it??

Got 6" of wet snow today and am going to take my wife out in a bit and teach her how to plow with the 60" straight blade on the UTV. Initial pass with this new toy before I had to come to the office to "work" tell me it will do a great job too. Bought it cuz when I travel my wife doesn't like plowing with my truck.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:45 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron. View Post
I shoot up to our cabin in Manitowish Waters WI, and a trip to Houghton/Hancock MI each year... Hoping to get towards the Tetons next year...probably drag my sled for some trail rides and then rent a powder hog for some back country playing (hopefully a Doo Freeride 154"...soooooooo sick)

my sled: 2009 Renegade X 800, blacked out, 10inch riser, ripsaw paddle

Picture looks like it is from Florence, WI...alley behind the local family restaurant?? Great breakfast!!