Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-07-2007, 06:07 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datdude
I would kill to see it snow here again, and would gladly take 3" of fluff. Apparently I live in a "Snow Desert". Not much in the long range forecast either . We have "Cruiserfest" in town this weekend so the little bit of snow we have on the trails should be tore up by Saturday. The have Yammie demos on Lake Minocqua so I may have to see what is up with them. I think they may have some Polaris sleds on the lake too. I spent a few minutes on a 2006 Switchback 900 last week and it was a really comfortable sled. I would need another 4" of riser on the bars however. The 144"x15"x1.25" did really well in the deep snow. A 1.75" would be better though

I thought you were coming to Twin Lakes on Sun?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 yellow X10, MCX
So what you are saying is stay home this week huh? Dang it we were planning a trip during the week next week. I'm beginning to hate winter...it always let's me down.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: What ever floats your.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf
So what you are saying is stay home this week huh? Dang it we were planning a trip during the week next week. I'm beginning to hate winter...it always let's me down.
Easy there. It all started because you bought a new sled. I new it was all over...

Global warming...Get yourself a hybrid and help the cause...
Old 02-08-2007, 10:03 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
I would kill to see it snow here again, and would gladly take 3" of fluff. Apparently I live in a "Snow Desert". Not much in the long range forecast either . We have "Cruiserfest" in town this weekend so the little bit of snow we have on the trails should be tore up by Saturday. The have Yammie demos on Lake Minocqua so I may have to see what is up with them. I think they may have some Polaris sleds on the lake too. I spent a few minutes on a 2006 Switchback 900 last week and it was a really comfortable sled. I would need another 4" of riser on the bars however. The 144"x15"x1.25" did really well in the deep snow. A 1.75" would be better though
I hate to say this, but I think you have been spoiled for awhile assuming when it starts to snow it doesn't stop until its spring. And it appears to me, between last year, and this, things are even "changing" up there. As well as in BM location. He!! we even used to have it consistant enough to ride semi-regularly. Now. It's not worth the permit $$....
Old 02-08-2007, 10:29 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
Easy there. It all started because you bought a new sled. I new it was all over...
yeah I know...I keep kicking myself everyday...thinking what a waste of money....

Now I just blame it on Eric, since he just bought a new sled
Old 02-08-2007, 10:40 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf
yeah I know...I keep kicking myself everyday...thinking what a waste of money....

Now I just blame it on Eric, since he just bought a new sled

I already have 400+ miles on my new one....soon to be 800
Old 02-08-2007, 10:54 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf

There is still some good riding out there. How far do you want to go to ride? The trails around here are in pretty decent in most areas with icy corners. The U.P. has seen a bunch of Lake Effect snow and I would bet you could find some excellent trails up there as well.

What is your plan ERK?

19 Mastercrafts and counting
Old 02-08-2007, 11:16 AM
MC Master Poster

Driving up Friday after work, staying in Iron River, MI. Plan to trailer to Twin Lakes one of the two days. You said Sunday was still better, let me know.

Eric
Old 02-08-2007, 03:39 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
There is still some good riding out there. How far do you want to go to ride? The trails around here are in pretty decent in most areas with icy corners. The U.P. has seen a bunch of Lake Effect snow and I would bet you could find some excellent trails up there as well.

What is your plan ERK?
At this point I guess I'll go as far as I have to that will bring me to snow. We are thinking a mid week trip not next week but the week after. Like maybe the 21 and 22 of Feb, something like that. I haven't riden much this year so after two good days of riding I'll be sore. My back will be telling me I am an old lady after that. If you have any suggestions I am all ears. I would say we'll mostly stick to trail riding since we aren't familiar with the area at all, especially if we are talking the UP, it's been a few years since we've been up there and even then we only rode the trails.

I guess I'd like to keep the drive time with in 6 to 7 hours. It takes us about 5 hours to get to Hurley, that is with fairly descent roads.

We aren't real familiar with the UP we've riden there some from Ironwood to to Silver City, we've been as far as Lake Gogebic (sp) and then I think we headed back towards Ironwood.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:06 PM
MC Master Poster

jlf..On average, it takes us 7 hours to get Hurley..8 with snow on the roads. (Sometimes more) I can't see it taking that long or you. You are 3-4 hours closer than us. (I am sure it depends on the driver)

There are webcams in hurley and you can see live conditions.
These guys can probably give you the links, I don't have them with me.