Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1561  
Old 02-07-2007, 06:07 PM
erkoehler's Avatar
erkoehler erkoehler is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 14,473
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datdude
I would kill to see it snow here again, and would gladly take 3" of fluff. Apparently I live in a "Snow Desert". Not much in the long range forecast either . We have "Cruiserfest" in town this weekend so the little bit of snow we have on the trails should be tore up by Saturday. The have Yammie demos on Lake Minocqua so I may have to see what is up with them. I think they may have some Polaris sleds on the lake too. I spent a few minutes on a 2006 Switchback 900 last week and it was a really comfortable sled. I would need another 4" of riser on the bars however. The 144"x15"x1.25" did really well in the deep snow. A 1.75" would be better though

I thought you were coming to Twin Lakes on Sun?
__________________
www.lauderdalelakesmarina.com
Reply With Quote
  #1562  
Old 02-08-2007, 09:52 AM
jlf's Avatar
jlf jlf is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 2006 yellow X10, MCX
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,331
So what you are saying is stay home this week huh? Dang it we were planning a trip during the week next week. I'm beginning to hate winter...it always let's me down.
__________________
The first steps a baby takes are into your heart!
Reply With Quote
  #1563  
Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Workin' 4 Toys's Avatar
Workin' 4 Toys Workin' 4 Toys is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Boat: What ever floats your.....
Location: Chicagoland, United States of America
Posts: 10,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf
So what you are saying is stay home this week huh? Dang it we were planning a trip during the week next week. I'm beginning to hate winter...it always let's me down.
Easy there. It all started because you bought a new sled. I new it was all over...



Global warming...Get yourself a hybrid and help the cause...
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #1564  
Old 02-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Workin' 4 Toys's Avatar
Workin' 4 Toys Workin' 4 Toys is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Boat: What ever floats your.....
Location: Chicagoland, United States of America
Posts: 10,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datdude
I would kill to see it snow here again, and would gladly take 3" of fluff. Apparently I live in a "Snow Desert". Not much in the long range forecast either . We have "Cruiserfest" in town this weekend so the little bit of snow we have on the trails should be tore up by Saturday. The have Yammie demos on Lake Minocqua so I may have to see what is up with them. I think they may have some Polaris sleds on the lake too. I spent a few minutes on a 2006 Switchback 900 last week and it was a really comfortable sled. I would need another 4" of riser on the bars however. The 144"x15"x1.25" did really well in the deep snow. A 1.75" would be better though
I hate to say this, but I think you have been spoiled for awhile assuming when it starts to snow it doesn't stop until its spring. And it appears to me, between last year, and this, things are even "changing" up there. As well as in BM location. He!! we even used to have it consistant enough to ride semi-regularly. Now. It's not worth the permit $$....
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #1565  
Old 02-08-2007, 10:29 AM
jlf's Avatar
jlf jlf is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 2006 yellow X10, MCX
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
Easy there. It all started because you bought a new sled. I new it was all over...
yeah I know...I keep kicking myself everyday...thinking what a waste of money....

Now I just blame it on Eric, since he just bought a new sled
__________________
The first steps a baby takes are into your heart!
Reply With Quote
  #1566  
Old 02-08-2007, 10:40 AM
erkoehler's Avatar
erkoehler erkoehler is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 14,473
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf
yeah I know...I keep kicking myself everyday...thinking what a waste of money....

Now I just blame it on Eric, since he just bought a new sled

I already have 400+ miles on my new one....soon to be 800
__________________
www.lauderdalelakesmarina.com
Reply With Quote
  #1567  
Old 02-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Datdude's Avatar
Datdude Datdude is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: 2008 197
Location: Minocqua, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf
So what you are saying is stay home this week huh? Dang it we were planning a trip during the week next week. I'm beginning to hate winter...it always let's me down.

There is still some good riding out there. How far do you want to go to ride? The trails around here are in pretty decent in most areas with icy corners. The U.P. has seen a bunch of Lake Effect snow and I would bet you could find some excellent trails up there as well.

What is your plan ERK?
__________________
Always Happy.......Never Satisfied


19 Mastercrafts and counting
Reply With Quote
  #1568  
Old 02-08-2007, 11:16 AM
erkoehler's Avatar
erkoehler erkoehler is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 14,473
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Driving up Friday after work, staying in Iron River, MI. Plan to trailer to Twin Lakes one of the two days. You said Sunday was still better, let me know.

Eric
__________________
www.lauderdalelakesmarina.com
Reply With Quote
  #1569  
Old 02-08-2007, 03:39 PM
jlf's Avatar
jlf jlf is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 2006 yellow X10, MCX
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datdude
There is still some good riding out there. How far do you want to go to ride? The trails around here are in pretty decent in most areas with icy corners. The U.P. has seen a bunch of Lake Effect snow and I would bet you could find some excellent trails up there as well.

What is your plan ERK?
At this point I guess I'll go as far as I have to that will bring me to snow. We are thinking a mid week trip not next week but the week after. Like maybe the 21 and 22 of Feb, something like that. I haven't riden much this year so after two good days of riding I'll be sore. My back will be telling me I am an old lady after that. If you have any suggestions I am all ears. I would say we'll mostly stick to trail riding since we aren't familiar with the area at all, especially if we are talking the UP, it's been a few years since we've been up there and even then we only rode the trails.

I guess I'd like to keep the drive time with in 6 to 7 hours. It takes us about 5 hours to get to Hurley, that is with fairly descent roads.

We aren't real familiar with the UP we've riden there some from Ironwood to to Silver City, we've been as far as Lake Gogebic (sp) and then I think we headed back towards Ironwood.
__________________
The first steps a baby takes are into your heart!
Reply With Quote
  #1570  
Old 02-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Workin' 4 Toys's Avatar
Workin' 4 Toys Workin' 4 Toys is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Boat: What ever floats your.....
Location: Chicagoland, United States of America
Posts: 10,079
jlf..On average, it takes us 7 hours to get Hurley..8 with snow on the roads. (Sometimes more) I can't see it taking that long or you. You are 3-4 hours closer than us. (I am sure it depends on the driver)

There are webcams in hurley and you can see live conditions.
These guys can probably give you the links, I don't have them with me.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.