Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-22-2006, 09:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 97 Prostar 205 LT1
i'm thinking about picking up an F7 or M7 and putting the CPC 1000 kit in it. they should be a dime a dozen after this winter, plus all the people dumping them to get into the new sleds.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy
MC Master Poster

Boat: What ever floats your.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcat
yami-heads are a strange bunch who live in their own little fantasy world, i try to avoid them at all costs.

the 14 inch track is already on other sleds, my buddy has one on his Pro X R, his rails are a normal distance apart also. it lets you put on a standard 15 wide track if you wish.
These have no cooling in/ or on the tunnel. The top of the tunnel is OPEN, and I am not kidding. You can see the entire top of the track. The muffler is directly under the seat, and then there is the track.
MC Maniac

Boat: 06 197 1.26:1 MCX (Gone but not forgotten)

Last edited by PendO; 03-22-2006 at 09:08 PM. Reason: oops wrong thread
Old 03-22-2006, 09:09 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
i'm thinking about picking up an F7 or M7 and putting the CPC 1000 kit in it. they should be a dime a dozen after this winter, plus all the people dumping them to get into the new sleds.
I can not complain ONE little bit about my 9 being in almost stock form. I have no desire to modify it any more.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:11 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
I can not complain ONE little bit about my 9 being in almost stock form. I have no desire to modify it any more.
got mine up to 175 horsies right now. i want more but cant decide if i should go big bore or mod an F7 instead.
i just got the suspension dialed in this year too, handles like it's on rails.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:36 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 197
Buying any first year sled takes guts IMHO. Look at the 2005 Fusion 900 and the 2003 F7. Way too many recalls/ service bulletins for me. I feel really bad for those guys that dropped 10 large on the 900 Fusion only to find out it was a pile and is now discontinued. There were a few used 900s that sold at the sled auction in Michigan for $3500!!!! Has anyone been to the White Star Snowmobile Auction? It seems like a good place to find some deals. Simply take a pile of cash and a 4 place trailer and have fun. I have included the link to the March 2006 auction price reports. NEW Fusion 900 for $5500, 2005 Mach Z for $4200....wow. The S in the left column means that it was sold.

http://www.snowmobileauction.com/price_reports/mar.htm

20 Mastercrafts and counting

Last edited by Datdude; 03-23-2006 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:16 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
got mine up to 175 horsies right now. i want more but cant decide if i should go big bore or mod an F7 instead.
i just got the suspension dialed in this year too, handles like it's on rails.
I had big intentions of getting about 200 or close to it this season. But I only blasted the track about 20 times and it just shreds the ice anyway with 192 picks. More power would require I do something else with the track and studs. I think I put 1400 or so miles on in 5 weekends this season. 99% trails and boondockin'. In neither case would it need more power. It has a perfect power to weight ratio to pass anything on the trail or the lake. I just can't see the need any more. I am going to leave it alone and see what the 2007 season brings me. I hope to see that monster 'Zuki in a cat by then as a "surprise". But we shall see.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:39 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
I had big intentions of getting about 200 or close to it this season. But I only blasted the track about 20 times and it just shreds the ice anyway with 192 picks. More power would require I do something else with the track and studs. I think I put 1400 or so miles on in 5 weekends this season. 99% trails and boondockin'. In neither case would it need more power. It has a perfect power to weight ratio to pass anything on the trail or the lake. I just can't see the need any more. I am going to leave it alone and see what the 2007 season brings me. I hope to see that monster 'Zuki in a cat by then as a "surprise". But we shall see.
i certainly dont need more power, i just beleive that there is NEED and WANT in life and i want more power.

i ran the 1.25 ripsaw track this year with 196 warthogs and it certainly helps but on a drag race i cant punch it off the line no matter what. it will just dig a hole and unless it's a long enough race for me to catch up i lose in the first few hundred feet.

the big wide trails in maine are where it shines. average 80-90 MPH all day and it loves to do that.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:46 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
i certainly dont need more power, i just beleive that there is NEED and WANT in life and i want more power.

i ran the 1.25 ripsaw track this year with 196 warthogs and it certainly helps but on a drag race i cant punch it off the line no matter what. it will just dig a hole and unless it's a long enough race for me to catch up i lose in the first few hundred feet.

the big wide trails in maine are where it shines. average 80-90 MPH all day and it loves to do that.
A few of the sleds I raced this year had ice chisels. I don't mind losing, as long as I know there is no chance I could have one from the start..... But its fun. I would like to see how it does on the grass drags this year. If they open up the track for sleds and run ET/speed I would probably go just to see.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:50 PM
MC Devotee

i used to race asphalt, i keep thinking about getting back into it but that takes away from wakeboarding time and i just cant do it.