Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 02-23-2014, 03:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X45
2005 Tandem Trailer--Brakes on One Axle

Bought my 05 X45 last year. Noticed brakes on only one axle of trailer. Needing to replace brake pads now before season gets started and figured I need to add brakes to the other axle. Not sure why there are only brakes on one axle, my other Mastercrafts had brakes on both axles with smaller boats. Maybe previous owner had issues and just removed everything rather than fixing and replacing? Anyway...

http://www.pacifictrailers.com/trail...isc-brake-kit/

Is this the kit I need? Looks like only thing I'm missing is brake line. Axle already has the flange to bolt the caliper to. Any tips on the process?

Thanks

Last edited by seth25; 02-23-2014 at 03:39 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:05 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
If you want to match your calipers I believe in 05 Reliable was using Kodiak. At least that's what they shipped me when they replaced my frozen caliper for my 03 X2 and I believe that was in 08.

I've had very good luck with the UFP products so I personally would have no issue using them but I personally would want to try to match the existing calipers if possible to reduce the number of unique parts in the brake system as a whole.

To be certain you're getting the right part I'd see if I couldn't get the axle rating and part number off the trailer or axle then call either Kodiak or UFP to make sure you get it right the first time.

http://www.kodiaktrailer.com/
http://www.waymires.com/ - This is who I've used in the past for UFP parts. A call to Pacific Trailer may work out just as well as I've heard only good things about them also.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks for the help. Po must have updated the system because UFP calipers are on there now. I agree though, I will be sure to match new parts to existing.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Ordered parts from Pacific Trailer. Brake kit for front axle. New rotors and pads for rear axle. New bearings all around as well.

And new wheels.

Bring on summer!
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2014, 04:36 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth25 View Post
Ordered parts from Pacific Trailer. Brake kit for front axle. New rotors and pads for rear axle. New bearings all around as well.

And new wheels.

Bring on summer!
Looks great! Where did you get those wheels, from thatsmrmastercraft?
I'm thinking about the same ones for my X-star.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:38 AM
TT Enthusiast

Correct. Got them from Peter. Can't beat the service or price. Really like how they turned out.