Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Parts & Accessories

Old 02-17-2014, 02:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006. Mastercraft maristar
exile vs wet sounds

trying to decide which speakers to run this summer. Any and all help appreciated. I have stock jbl cans (2) each. Should i add two more jbl , or switch to either wet sounds or exile.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: pontoon
Having experience with both manufacturers and their products, Wet Sounds is the clear winner. Build quality, design and ingenuity, customer/dealer support, number of product offerings, etc, etc.

Knowing which particular models you are interested in, the comparisons can go even deeper.

Adding 2 more Jl's? will your amp support it or will it require a new amp? Can you get a matching set? Are you happy with the current setup, just wanting more of? What are your tower speaker goals?
Old 02-17-2014, 06:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 Mastercraft X-30
I'm not sure there is a "clear" winner... I have had both and alot depends on what specific models your comparing.. If ur comparing the xm7 and the rev 10's, yes there is a clear winner... also, factor what you want the speakers to do, up there.. stationary, with basic clamps, vs swiveling, angled outward, etc.. its all relevant.. when I was looking at bracketry, wetsounds can wear you out with costs.. all should be factored into your decision. I would have both, again..
Old 02-19-2014, 10:30 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain0725 View Post
trying to decide which speakers to run this summer. Any and all help appreciated. I have stock jbl cans (2) each. Should i add two more jbl , or switch to either wet sounds or exile.

Cain, another option could be to drop a pair of Bullet Audio HLCD speakers into your factory MC tower cans. It's a direct fit. Do a little research on these and if you like what you see...I have a brand new in the box pair for sale which I'll make you a deal on!