Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-19-2009, 10:15 AM
'82starsandstripes's Avatar
'82starsandstripes '82starsandstripes is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Boat: 1983 Stars and Stripes
Location: Southeast
Posts: 71
Stars and Stripes Mastercraft Font

A while back someone posted the mastercraft font for the '83 model (Has the star in the C). I can't find it now. Anybody got it? thanks
__________________
GO BIG OR GO HOME!!

Current boat: 1983 Stars and Stripes White/Blue Flake with Powerslot
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-19-2009, 10:20 AM
trickskier's Avatar
trickskier trickskier is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Location: "THE GATOR NATION"
Posts: 10,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by '82starsandstripes View Post
A while back someone posted the mastercraft font for the '83 model (Has the star in the C). I can't find it now. Anybody got it? thanks
Check with Jim@BAWS.............813-996-2297
__________________

The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-19-2009, 10:31 AM
TMCNo1 TMCNo1 is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: Gone
Location: Gone
Posts: 22,134
This post pretty much sums it up, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...8&postcount=17

I did a "Advanced Search" using the key word "Fonts" and got this, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...archid=1577383 ,
several threads with posts refering to your font.
__________________
Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.




Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-19-2009, 10:34 AM
ski_king's Avatar
ski_king ski_king is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
Location: Western PA
Posts: 5,923
I have a extra set of OEM side decals in beige that I will sell for the right price.
__________________
STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-19-2009, 11:32 AM
east tx skier's Avatar
east tx skier east tx skier is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Location: End of my rope.
Posts: 26,067
I've got a few letters for a large side decal as well.

It's pretty close to "Bookman Old Style" though.
__________________
Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ


Be kind. Have fun.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 AM
TMCNo1 TMCNo1 is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: Gone
Location: Gone
Posts: 22,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
This post pretty much sums it up, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...8&postcount=17

I did a "Advanced Search" using the key word "Fonts" and got this, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...archid=1577383 ,
several threads with posts refering to your font.
According to Farmer Ted in the above post, he stated this, "the font is some flavor of Souvenir, medium or bold".
Any sign shop can pull that up a replicate it with little or no modification.
__________________
Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.




Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-20-2009, 08:44 AM
JohnE's Avatar
JohnE JohnE is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Boat: 40th Anniversary X14
Location: Boston 'burbs
Posts: 10,285
Why did Farmer put the whole decal biz on hold?
__________________
40th Anniversaary X14

'97 Prostar 190 - LT-1 (For Sale)

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-20-2009, 09:00 AM
TMCNo1 TMCNo1 is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: Gone
Location: Gone
Posts: 22,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Why did Farmer put the whole decal biz on hold?
I don't think it's ever been discussed, but it's very unfortunate for most who needed a good and dependable source of nice decals by someone who apparently had the knack to do them right and at the right price.
__________________
Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.




Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-20-2009, 09:47 AM
ski_king's Avatar
ski_king ski_king is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
Location: Western PA
Posts: 5,923
I some smaller S&S style decals from a guy on ebay that did a fairly good job. He also sells the full size decals. From what I can tell his quality is decent on the MasterCraft, but his stars are not symmetrical.
__________________
STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-21-2009, 09:02 AM
TMCNo1 TMCNo1 is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: Gone
Location: Gone
Posts: 22,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_king View Post
I some smaller S&S style decals from a guy on ebay that did a fairly good job. He also sells the full size decals. From what I can tell his quality is decent on the MasterCraft, but his stars are not symmetrical.
I have some early OEM Stars and Stripes and '93 Stars and Stripes stars and will be glad to mail anyone one of them to use to copy for replacements.
Just pm me your request and address and I'll be glad to send you one.
__________________
Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.




Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 PM.