Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2014, 08:35 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005, X-2, MCX
2005 X2 TPS Fault

So I have been working on this throttle sensor problem and finally gave up and took the boat to a local shop. They are an Indmar certified dealer but do not sell MC. Anyway, after several weeks they tell me that the throttle assy was made by teledyne and has been discontinued by Teledyne and MC has not specified a replacement. So basically I cannot use my boat because no parts can be found. I am open to any and all suggestions. Its a 2005 X2with an MCX engine.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
Ask MC directly and see if they say the same. It is a VERY expensive part. We were able to adjust one many years ago and the code never came back, otherwise you have to replace the entire part. It's been so long, I couldn't tell you how to adjust it, but I know it can be down. Good luck, report back with what MC says.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:50 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 mastercraft x-star
My throttle position sensor failed last year on my 2006 mcx. I tried to get the part but was unable. I disassembled the electrical module (looks like some type of potentiometer), cleaned it very carefully, re-greased it with a vaseline type grease and it worked the remainder of the summer. I think use over the years caused the parts to wear and made the old grease very dirty and spoiled the contacts between the moving parts.

Tags
parts, throttle, throttle position sensor, tps