Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 02-04-2014, 07:24 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
Take a look and make sure you don't have any kinks or blockages in the tubing from the hull fitting to the pump. The Jabsco "intelligent timer" will shut-off the pump if it senses a blockage in the tube. See the jabsco guide attached. There is a flow chart / troubleshooting guide. If that's not it you might just be running into the general unreliability of the timer modules. There is a fix for that in this thread.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Jabsco_Timer_Guide.pdf (286.3 KB, 97 views)
Old 04-18-2014, 06:03 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2009 X-15
Had a chance to look at pumps. Impellers are still good. Having trouble telling timer setting as it doesn't seem to want to enter program mode in 5 sequences all the time. I think my timers are good. tr6coug can you please PM price for re-program. Not sure I'll do it this year but let's see. The port motor does sound rougher than the stbd. Maybe the windings or bearing are the issue? Can the motors be rebuilt rather than buying a whole new pump? I do need to flip them around as they are mounted motor down.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:05 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2009 X-15
Got timer to set finally so it is maxed out. Must be a motor going bad. Can they be rebuilt?
Old 04-19-2014, 06:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2009 MCX
This issue occurs occasionally on our 2009 X2. To fix, I have to fully drain the ballast (lights flashing empty) before it will fill properly without timing out early.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
treiter - Yes, the pumps can be rebuilt in most cases. I should have the parts you need, just click on my website link in my signature. Here is a good thread with pictures on how to take the pumps apart.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=42810

Click on the link above for Jabsco repair parts, including bearings, o-rings, lip seals and many other ballast pump parts.