Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 02-07-2014, 12:36 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 85' S&S
MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour to Focus Exclusively on Men’s Pro Division in 2014

Orlando, FL. — The MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour, the largest and most storied professional wakeboarding circuit in the world, has redesigned its format for the 2014 season and will feature only the Pro Men’s division at all four events. With an exclusive focus on the sport’s premier division, along with a restructured contest heat advancement system and athlete qualifying standards, the MasterCraft Pro Tour has laid the groundwork to produce the most competitive and entertaining wakeboard events on the planet.

Additionally, athlete eligibility for the MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour has been adjusted to ensure a dynamic and competitive field of riders at each event. The 2014 Tour will feature a collection of the world’s top ranked Pro Men wakeboarders, intriguing wildcards entries and several up-and-coming athletes from the Junior Pro Series going head-to-head at four of the country’s most proven contest venues.

“During the offseason we met with some of the most respected minds and most talented athletes in wakeboarding to develop a strategy that ensures world-class competition and progression are paramount on the MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour,” said Chris Bischoff, Pro Tour competition director. “The format changes achieve these objectives and will also bring exciting new storylines from contest to contest.”

Contest structure on the Pro Tour will remain a heat-to-heat qualifying system with riders seeding determined by their ranking. However, new rules will reward riders who win heats one and three allowing them to bypass the next round. Riders who do not win in heats one and three will not be automatically eliminated. They will be placed in rounds two and four and have a second chance to advance in those heats.

Last year’s wakeboard world champion, Rusty Malinoski has been vocal in support of the new Pro Tour format. The “Bone Crusher” recently stated, “Wakeboarding has seen a ton of progression over the past few years. I think the new format tweaks will help our sport showcase the best riders at the biggest contests and give the fans the most bang for their buck.”

The 2014 MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour presented by Rockstar Schedule:

Location Venue Dates

Acworth, GA. Dallas Landing/Lake Allatoona May 17

Lathrop, CA. Mossdale Quarry Lakes June 28

Monroe, WA. Lake Tye July 12

Grand Rapids, MI Millennium Park Aug. 16

For more information on the MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour presented by Rockstar visit KingofWake.com.
The MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour presented by RockStar is organized by World Sports & Marketing of Orlando, Fla., and has the support of the following sponsors: MasterCraft, Rockstar Energy Drink, WWA, Indmar, Ronix, Billabong, Zeal Optics, CWB, Hyperlite, Liquid Force, Byerly, Peavey, Sayiwon’t, Epiphone and WAKEBOARDING magazine.
About MasterCraft
MasterCraft is the exclusive towboat for the Pro Wakeboard Tour, as it has been since the tour’s wakeboarding events began in 1992. For more information visit: www.MasterCraft.com
Old 02-07-2014, 12:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X2 5.7 Pro and Surf
MasterCraft Boat Company
Guess what we just announced!

2014 MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour locations and dates are as follows:

Acworth, GA - May 17th
Lathrop, CA - June 28th
Monroe, WA - July 12th
Grand Rapids, MI - August 16th

Will we see you there?

Acworth, GA - May 17th
Lathrop, CA - June 28th
Monroe, WA - July 12th

Will we see you there?

oops didnt see your post Aric

Last edited by dt37803; 02-07-2014 at 12:57 PM. Reason: oops didnt see your post Aric
Old 02-07-2014, 01:10 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Keep your eyes on this site too for other WB events.

Go out and support them - great group of guys I worked with last year when I was MSC pres

http://www.thewwa.com/calendar/

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 02-07-2014, 04:03 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2012 Nautique 230 TE
No womens? Ouch
Old 02-07-2014, 04:15 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
Sweet, Monroe, WA. Went last year, good time! I'll be there
Old 02-07-2014, 04:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
No women, no juniors?

In a way I think the main event is positive, because the spacing and all the different classes definitely drew out the event!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
I thought I saw that there was supposed to be a female event last year and my wife wanted to see that phase of the competition, but in Monroe only the Jr. And Men's were present.....not sure if there is variation in the various stops along the tour. I wouldn't have minded seeing some young, hot pro tearing it up
Old 02-07-2014, 11:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190
So I will be at the Acworth, GA event. How close can you get in your boat and can you actually see anything from the water?
Old 02-07-2014, 11:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt37803 View Post
MasterCraft Boat Company

Acworth, GA - May 17th
Lathrop, CA - June 28th
Monroe, WA - July 12th

Will we see you there?

Acworth, GA - May 17th
Lathrop, CA - June 28th
Monroe, WA - July 12th

Will we see you there?

oops didnt see your post Aric
I'll be at the one on Lathrop, CA - June 28th!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:41 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
It's great the MC will continue the PWT, and of course everyone loves to see the pro men go at it. Also good to give riders with a fall or bad pass to get another chance to get into the finals, similar to a consi race in auto racing.

I'm a bit disappointed to see only 4 stops this year, no women or juniors and no stop anywhere near the whole Northeast. Bummer.
Well there is always www.wakeoff.com
The biggest contest in our area. Ryan does a great job organizing this every year!