Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 06-04-2015, 09:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X-Star 7.4L
Question X-Star PNP Help

I need some help and to be schooled on how the plug and play works. I have a 2011 X-Star with the factory setup and valves for tanks and bags. When I first took delivery of the boat about a month ago I thought I had it but the longer I have the boat the less Iím able to get the tank/bag I want to fill up. I read the ownerís manual and it was pretty much useless on explaining it and said wait for red and green lights and youíre good to go.

I think one of my main issues is the red and green lights are not working so I donít know how long to move the toggle from one side to the other. Is it just a quick push or a few seconds? I can get the KGB tank and the bags under the seats to work but the port and starboard side are the main issues. Last night I was playing with it again and I moved the toggle to tanks in the rear and started to fill everything. The port side filled no problem and started to overflow, the starboard on the other hand showed 100% but never overflowed. The pump was working and didnít sound like it was running dry but it never overflowed. Last weekend I was able to fill both the tanks and then when I went to fill the 1100s I moved the toggle to bags and the port again filled no problem but it took a couple of tries to get the starboard to start to fill and when it did it was slow. Granted it takes a while to fill the 1100s but it was about double the time to fill the starboard.

It could be completely user error and I might just be doing it wrong. If not, do you think Iím having an issue with the valve on that side or possible the impeller? Also, I donít know if itís related but when I select a quicklist rider the ballast never fills at all to the riders settings.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

Anyone with help on explaining the plug and play?
Old 06-09-2015, 10:07 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X Star, cute pumpkin motor, 2008 XStar LY6 (gone), 2006 X-15 (gone)
I just have a 2013 that has it and I am learning. I believe mine has the option to fill bags or tanks, or all. Sorry I have literally just been on it this past Saturday. I know from the touch screen I can select any bag or tank, to full. I have not set up profiles, but just touch the ones I want full and can do it that way too.

Not sure if that was helpful or not.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:59 PM
TT Regular

PNP issue

We have an X-Star and one of the PNP motors that manage the location of water being sent to is shot. Its a finicky switch. I always put the switch from one side to the middle then switch to the other side....if it gets switched mid movement....I think it causes problems for these devices. These valves in our boat are located back in each corner of the boat. The red and green lights tell you its at its desired location.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Greg thanks for the reply. The front valve has been working for me and I gave up on the backs and left it in the bag position.

Any idea how long it takes for the valves to move from bags to tanks and vise versa? Or just to the middle and then the other side? I think my main problem is the red and green lights aren't working for me to I don't know what point the valves are at.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:18 PM
TT Regular

Update

Read my post on this subject- I am in the process of fixing these now.

I know what the issue is. I will be calling the mfr who made these valves on Monday. Simple issue..

The sensor light tells you where or what position the valve is in- bag or tank. These valves are located most likely in the back corners of your boat- You should have 3 of these valves.

A cheaper way to fix this is goto a manual valve in the compartments- wake makers makes a manual valve.