Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2014, 01:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 MasterCraft X2
Need advice: 2012 X2 (used), possible to add electronics package?

Hi all, I'm looking to get a used X2. I've found a couple 2012's that I like but it looks like neither one comes with the electronics package (i.e. the display that lets you save settings per rider, etc.). What is this actually called? Is this the pro package or something else? I'm a bit surprised that neither boat includes this, which seems like a major feature to not have in a relatively new boat. Does anyone have any idea if it is possible for a MC dealer to add this on and if so, what the cost of that would be? I'll call my local dealer tomorrow but wanted to check with the forum now. It seems to me that a low hour 2012 X2 without the electronics package isn't really worth much more than a 2007-2010 boat with similar hours. The Ilmor is very nice, yes, but not work $10K more. Otherwise the hulls are the same and there's little difference between the ZFT and ZF2T towers. Thoughts? Words of wisdom? Thanks.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Personally, I would prefer one with no electronics - especially from 2012.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Less is more when it comes to electronics in boats IMO. I personally would prefer the one without the package.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2009 MCX
I agree...less is more IMO.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:49 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
I was glad to see MC offer the standard guages as a "downgrade".
I would think it would be a major undertaking to pull all that and add the BIG system to it and costly.
If that's what I was after, I'd look for one like that. Be like buying a new car with a V6 and transplanting a V8 into it.
I believe it's mostly about the condition, hours and hard options when you're talking the same hull boat. I wouldn't pay much more for a newer rig just because of the model year.
Nothing wrong with the Indmar engines either. Only advantages, unless a comparable engine has significantly more hp is the remote oil filter and high mount starter and alt. even the last 2 are of no consequence unless you swamp the bilge real bad. Which I did once from a rainstorm while camping and both the starter and alt lived for at least 2 more years until I sold it.
As far as towers go I actually prefer the 4 pt towers mainly for the mirror mounting position. And the board racks kept vibrating loose and come around and whack someone in the head.
Drove a X45 with the power tower for a few days and the mirror mounted to the walk thru windshield sucked IMO. Was just like my old PS190 with the mirror blocking visibility while driving but worse because you had to close the walk thru every time to use the mirror.
Not bashing that boat. It was awesome with the BIG system (it didn't work right though and the boat was new) and the LSA engine.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 01-12-2014, 04:27 PM
TT Regular

Boat: X2
Need advice: 2012 X2 (used), possible to add electronics package?

I have a 2012 X 2, with the Ilmor and ZFT-2, a couple things to note are:
The ZFT 4 is much better looking and a little more refined as far as 2 point tower, the ZFT 2 swivel board racks are a little rough and you have to screw the stopper in opposed to a spring loaded plunger, the ZFT 4 seem to swivel better as well
I would consider the surf tabs a must they clean the lip up quite a bit
As far as the BIG screen if you get one make sure the latest software has been updated and that it has ZERO OFF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2014, 05:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Both boats have zero off, ZF2T, single axle trailers, and tabs. Both boats are about 2k miles away so I can't look at them up close. Both do not have the touch screen display. I'm waiting to get full options sheets on both. The asking price on one is $55k, the other is $60k. I don't have the hours on the less $ boat, but I'm assuming both are about 200 hours. Is zero off wicked better than perfect pass? I'm trying to decide if the $55k boat is a good deal or if I should be looking for an older X2 with similar hours but priced lower.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-30, 6.0L, 2500lbs of Ballast, 650lbs of Lead.
Zero off IS wicked better.

55k seems like a good price in a 2012.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:18 PM
TT Regular

Boat: X2
Zero off is the cats meow, single angle trailer is junk if your trailering all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2014, 07:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat will mostly be docked at lake house. Only seriously trailered a couple times a year.

Tags
2012, ilmor, mcx