Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-03-2014, 10:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X7 MCX350
X7 350 MCX Heater

Hi
On my 2005 X7 with the 350 MCX engine I have a drivers heater. Fresh water use only. Each Year when I winterise it I have a difficult job ensuring the heater matrix is completely empty. The boat is drained down as the boat is stored in a dry barn from Nov to April and the temperature can be below freezing for weeks at a time.

I seldom use the heater but dont really want to disconnect it completely..

I see that on the heater hose top block connection there is a brass tap. Nothing on the bottom hose block connection.

Question> If I turn off the top block tap will it prevent the heater matrix from filling up (thereby meaning I dont have to empty it) or with the top tap turned off will it still fill up from the bottom connection?
Old 01-03-2014, 11:36 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
It can/will fill up from either hose.
Winterizing the heater is pretty simple. You're correct it's hard to ensure all the water is out.
I dry block my engine, no antifreeze for winter layup, but the heater gets done differently.
Disconnect both hoses from the intake and raw water connection. Blow out as much water as possible out of the heater core. Low air pressure or by hand (mouth). Then fill the heater through one of the lines with antifreeze.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 01-03-2014, 03:15 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 MC Prostar 190, 310 Predator Powerslot
i blow our heater core out with compressed air. disconnect the hose feeding it and stick a air gun down it. I've done this without incident for 10 years (knock on wood!)

Kamloops Waterski Club
www.kwsc.weebly.com