Originally Posted by RocketScientist
I've only been on a true inboard ski boat a couple of times in my life. I'm going to look at a 96 ProStar LT1 this weekend. In my mind I think I would look at the following durng a sea trial:
- smooth running of engine
- engine temperature normal and steady once warmed up
- leaking coolant
- leaking oil
- transmission not slipping
- transmission going into gear smoothly and easily
- leaking transmission fluid
- no excessive vibration
- excessive water coming into the boat causing the bildge pump to cycle
- all guages working
- all systems working
Any other thoughts?
I would add to make note of the steering wheel operation. It shouldnt be hard or resistant anywhere during lock to lock... And look closely at guages...volt meter especially.