Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 01-02-2014, 02:18 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprcrprv2 View Post
I would have to agree after reading the op post again. I did not take into account a subwoofer would also be run off the same amplifier.

The reason I said look at the 800/8 was how plan to run my set up. I will be using 1-4 for cockpit and then bridge 5,6 and 7,8 for the towers with a 1000/1 on the subs.
That's a good plan, and a LOT of power for the subs.

I like the 2 amp setup for a variety of reasons. In addition to the things I mentioned above, 2 amps means 2 separate power supplies instead of a single power supply trying to keep up with the demands of the entire system, and 2 heat sinks which means you can dissipate twice as much heat (very important in a marine system).
Old 01-03-2014, 09:27 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Med Blue 2012 X2, Illmor 5.7
Send a message via MSN to dpolen
Thanks for all the suggestions, so I'm going to do this in phases for the time being...

Phase 1...Install the 10" Sub and the M700/5 amp hooked up to the cabin speakers.
I'm going to look for a deal on tower speakers and when I do find them, I figure I can bridge channels 1-4 on the amp to provide power to the tower...should be easy to re-route the power. I'll also look for a deal on another amp to power the cockpit speakers once the tower speakers go up.

Appreciate the help here...supposed to be -28 here in the next couple of days...I think it's going to be a while until the ice melts on old Lake Minnetonka....argh!!!

He who dies with the most toys wins...I'm losing right now!!!