Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-16-2013, 08:07 AM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 9,361
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp1504 View Post
Update.

The engine has seized. It won't even turn over.

Insurance company has written off the engine. I can get a replacement engine as long I can source the crank and knock sensors. I have found and purchased the knock sensor but have been unable to find a crank sensor.

I have tried all the places suggested but had no luck. One place spoke to Indmar and was told that they are no longer made.

Does anyone know if there's an ulterior option? Or if a second hand one could be found??
I am still digging and looking for the crank sensors. Are you looking for the S556036 part? Last check norcal mastercraft in california had some.

http://www.norcalmastercraft.com/
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-16-2013, 09:08 AM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp1504 View Post
Update.

The engine has seized. It won't even turn over.

Insurance company has written off the engine. I can get a replacement engine as long I can source the crank and knock sensors. I have found and purchased the knock sensor but have been unable to find a crank sensor.

I have tried all the places suggested but had no luck. One place spoke to Indmar and was told that they are no longer made.

Does anyone know if there's an ulterior option? Or if a second hand one could be found??
Pull the spark plugs and try to crank it- if it turns over and water shoots out of the holes for the plugs, it ingested water and might be repairable.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-16-2013, 07:31 PM
jwp1504 jwp1504 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Boat: Mastercraft, x star, 2000, 330
Location: Australia
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
I am still digging and looking for the crank sensors. Are you looking for the S556036 part? Last check norcal mastercraft in california had some.

http://www.norcalmastercraft.com/
Just received a response from Norcal Mastercraft, no luck. Out of stock and Indmar no longer make them.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-16-2013, 07:31 PM
jwp1504 jwp1504 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Boat: Mastercraft, x star, 2000, 330
Location: Australia
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
Pull the spark plugs and try to crank it- if it turns over and water shoots out of the holes for the plugs, it ingested water and might be repairable.
It won't even turn over now..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-16-2013, 07:45 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 9,361
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp1504 View Post
Just received a response from Norcal Mastercraft, no luck. Out of stock and Indmar no longer make them.
I am working on locating more of these... Indmar did not make them - Remy electronics did. I have some contacts working the issue. An automotive sensor should work - finding one that fits or can be retrofitted is going to be a challenge.
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-16-2013, 07:46 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 9,361
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp1504 View Post
It won't even turn over now..
Just clicking now? so sad.
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-16-2013, 07:52 PM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp1504 View Post
It won't even turn over now..
What do you hear when you try to crank it and what does the voltmeter do? Have you tried using a different battery? Correct voltage doesn't mean it will crank.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-16-2013, 07:58 PM
jwp1504 jwp1504 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Boat: Mastercraft, x star, 2000, 330
Location: Australia
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
I am working on locating more of these... Indmar did not make them - Remy electronics did. I have some contacts working the issue. An automotive sensor should work - finding one that fits or can be retrofitted is going to be a challenge.
Awesome! Keep me posted.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-16-2013, 07:59 PM
jwp1504 jwp1504 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Boat: Mastercraft, x star, 2000, 330
Location: Australia
Posts: 42
Yeah all I'm getting is a click. I'll try a different battery tonight and see if it'll turn over.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-16-2013, 08:10 PM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,349
Nothing on ebay?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.