Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 02-05-2014, 01:32 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Exactly what I've understood for years. (Although on the tristars, the hull had the scoop even with 1:1 transmission)

But how do you (anyone) explain the ad that you posted where MC advertises it as the "powerslot hull". That's the first time I've noticed that. I'm wondering if the "dish" in the hull served more of a purpose than allowing for the larger prop. After the initial run, I'd think they would not want to make a different hull going forward just to allow for a larger prop when they made the hull change in '87. Yet the 'slot hull in that model run had the dish when the other boats did not.
Yes - my 1995 has the slot hull - was wondering about that... Guess I could upgrade.. but I won't
Old 02-13-2014, 03:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a MC
bump.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

bump.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:14 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 PowerSlot
Send a message via AIM to DooSPX
Bump for a beautiful boat and one of the best skiers out there! You cannot go wrong, EFI, the most sought after engine and trans packages in the prestigious 91-94 hull.

about the PowerSlot. MC coined the term Power Slot in 1981 because of the "Slot" as they had to take out a nice size cup of the hull over the prop all the way to the transom. (It looked like a scoop from the transom all the way to the prop) when they first introduced the gear reduction trans which swings a larger prop, they had to make from for the prop and the wash. After a few years of running a slot hull they changed the design where they no longer needed the large dish. All hulls now have a little recessed area above the prop but it is not the "Power Slot" of the day. The name Power Slot now sticks as a name for the GR trans. About the TriStar hull, its been a while since I have looked at one, but I believe that is just a hull design, not a Slot hull for its intended purpose.

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?

Last edited by DooSPX; 02-20-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 08 ProStar197
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooSPX View Post
Bump for a beautiful boat and one of the best skiers out there! You cannot go wrong, EFI, the most sought after engine and trans packages in the prestigious 91-94 hull.

about the PowerSlot. MC coined the term Power Slot in 1981 because of the "Slot" as they had to take out a nice size cup of the hull over the prop all the way to the transom. (It looked like a scoop from the transom all the way to the prop) when they first introduced the gear reduction trans which swings a larger prop, they had to make from for the prop and the wash. After a few years of running a slot hull they changed the design where they no longer needed the large dish. All hulls now have a little recessed area above the prop but it is not the "Power Slot" of the day. The name Power Slot now sticks as a name for the GR trans. About the TriStar hull, its been a while since I have looked at one, but I believe that is just a hull design, not a Slot hull for its intended purpose.
Wow I never knew about the PS hull in the 80's MasterCrafts. Guess you learn something new every day.

Beautiful boat. I cannot believe it has not sold yet. I'll pass the word around my neck of the woods too.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 PowerSlot
Send a message via AIM to DooSPX
I won the MC trivia game we had at the Waterski Hall of Fame Reunion with that bit about the Power Slot LOL. I thought you went to that reunion but maybe not.

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks for the compliments fellas, its much appreciated. Also, Doo, thanks for the tidbits of knowledge. I was unaware of how the slot was coined.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:45 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Just a side note - it turns out 1980 was the first year of the Power Slot.
Attached Images

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com
Old 02-24-2014, 01:10 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooSPX View Post

I think the dish was intended to be functional beyond making clearance for the prop. Why else would they continue it with the 87 -90 hull? The Tristars with 1.52:1 GR tranny didn't have the dish, FWIW.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:46 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I think the dish was intended to be functional beyond making clearance for the prop. Why else would they continue it with the 87 -90 hull? The Tristars with 1.52:1 GR tranny didn't have the dish, FWIW.
I would think the later dish was to avoid cavitation.

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com