Go Back   TeamTalk > News & Information > Suggestions > Team Talk

Old 01-09-2014, 07:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-2
Eye Candy!!!

This is up to the Administrators I suppose... But what about setting up a "Pictures Only" thread? We all love our boats and we love seeing pictures of other MC boats out there. Is it possible to set up a pictures only thread where no commentary can be left? The swimsuit thread was a great and fun idea but the amount of commentary outweighs the actual number of pics BY FAR! I thought guys were the VISUAL creatures while the females do the chit-chat-commentary thing. How bout it? Lets SEE more!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:47 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 85' S&S
Ill bite!

looks like i jumped the gun. lol
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2014, 07:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
Awesome idea
Old 01-09-2014, 07:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Honestly, there are so many picture threads that if you cannot find a place to post, we got problems. We've got topics for everything from babes to boats, sunsets to glass waters and MC Hull #1 to the 2014 X-Star, Random Pictures to Tapatalk Pictures. We need another photo thread like a hole in the head.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
Honestly, there are so many picture threads that if you cannot find a place to post, we got problems. We've got topics for everything from babes to boats, sunsets to glass waters and MC Hull #1 to the 2014 X-Star, Random Pictures to Tapatalk Pictures. We need another photo thread like a hole in the head.
Sodar, no offense taken by your strong opinion. Everyone has one. I think you misunderstood what my suggestion was. Yes, a member can post pictures ANYWHERE on the TeamTalk forum as you've mentioned. I am suggesting a DEDICATED thread for pictures only where no commentary can be left. This isn't something a member can start. Admin would have to set it up so that it would only accept pictures and no commentary. As I've mentioned at the start of this thread, the swimsuit thread was a great idea...but for every picture posted there are 10 pages of commentary which, in my opninion, defeats the purpose.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourmaster View Post
Sodar, no offense taken by your strong opinion. Everyone has one. I think you misunderstood what my suggestion was. Yes, a member can post pictures ANYWHERE on the TeamTalk forum as you've mentioned. I am suggesting a DEDICATED thread for pictures only where no commentary can be left. This isn't something a member can start. Admin would have to set it up so that it would only accept pictures and no commentary. As I've mentioned at the start of this thread, the swimsuit thread was a great idea...but for every picture posted there are 10 pages of commentary which, in my opninion, defeats the purpose.
I'm with sodar on this one. Plus, when you post a picture it requires typing... so the idea doesn't work. Lots of good pic threads out there, and the commentary is nice because it lets members ask things like where they got a decal, or what tower that is, or how does your sub enclosure sound.... stuff like that.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:37 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
If you want to look at pictures without commentary, head to Instagram. This is a forum that is based on conversing.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
I'm with sodar on this one. Plus, when you post a picture it requires typing... so the idea doesn't work. Lots of good pic threads out there, and the commentary is nice because it lets members ask things like where they got a decal, or what tower that is, or how does your sub enclosure sound.... stuff like that.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
Everything you mention makes sense, and I see the value which commentary adds. All of that will remain unchanged. I don't see the harm in a "pictures-only" thread. It could be a nice added feature to the TeamTalk forum without upsetting the status quo. My suggestion isn't aimed at making a change, it's about finding ways to add "value" or enjoyment to the forum. Not trying to rock the boat here...
Old 01-09-2014, 08:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
If you want to look at pictures without commentary, head to Instagram. This is a forum that is based on conversing.
So this is an MC owner's FaceBook...
Old 01-09-2014, 08:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Isn't a no comment thread against the laws of the internet? Somebody ALWAYS has something to say and no doubt a "no comment" rule will never work. "If you can' t say something nice, don't say anything at all" just doesn't work on a computer, unfortunately. If you notice, the first poster broke the rule while trying to "play".